Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle brakes Login/Join 

posted
I'm getting ready to order my muzzle brake for a 6.5 creedmoor. I'm looking at a macs gunworks or a ROSS 5 port. Any testimonials or suggestions would be great.

Thanks. J

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Chucks( Macs Gunworks) brakes work great, got one on a 22 Creed and it barely wiggles. Got a Ross 3 port on my 6.5 Creed and it works great also, have the 5 port on a 28 Nosler and it calms it down really well. Either brake will serve you well on your Creedmoor build.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Never used a Ross brake, but I have a number of Chuck's.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Ross brakes are OK. May want to try a Harrells radial brake. Low price and the smith does not have to time the brake.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Holland radial brakes are top notch!

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 804 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
All of the breaks mentioned are good. I had a Ross break installed on a Encore 15" 7-08 so my older hunting buddy could shot it. Tamed it. Like shooting a light bullet 243. I have two Holland breaks on XP's and both are great, one on a .284 and a 7-08. One of my XP's in 7-08 has a Magnabreak from Magnaport. My 338JDJ?#2 also had the MagnaBreak. Worked great. I have a MGM 15" 460 S&W that has the holes drilled all around the barrel. Not sure what they call it but it works. It is like shooting a Ruger 44 Mag with Magnaport.
I would rather have a Holland or one of Chucks Breaks for an XP for a high energy round like yours.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Holland's Radial Baffle has been my favorite for a long time.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a holland on my xp in 450 bushmaster. It works great. I just didn't want them to look the same. My barrels came in today. I have everything but my brakes. Building 300 blackout for daughter (Illinois rules) and the 6.5 creedmoor, just because I want it.

J

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
My vote is for Holland Radial brake hard to beat!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Holland brakes suck. If you have any you should send them my way so I can get rid of them for you. Big Grin

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Escape

I put a holland brake on my .358 jdj(14") barrel it works fantastic reducing recoil. THEN IGOT A DEAL ON ANOTHER 35 rem barrel that SHOT great and did NOT misfire. My carpo tunnel and arthritis can handle the recoil of it ALMOST AS WELL as the jdj barrel. It does fit in the holster better than the 358 jdj with Hollan d break

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post