Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 in a 6.5 Ceedmoor loads Login/Join 

posted
I have just bought XP-100 in 7br They don’t. Build brass for them any more and dies and forming tools are $$$$ was thinking of taking a friends Bartlein 6.5 Creedmoor rifle barrel Mat at Butch’s Guns Smith it on to the action. I have everything you can think for 6.5 creed oh yes I have owned a 7mm Metal 7r 308win so I know what the heavy recoil is like.

Does anyone have any pet loads in an XP-100 15” barrel. The H4350 I shoot in my rifles would be too fast. Was thinking Varget or H4064

Posts: 3 | Location: Woodward Ok | Registered: December 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don’t load for a 6.5 creedmoor but I do load for a 25 creedmoor and a 260 Remington both in an xp100. H4350 will work just fine in the xp. Also if you prefer to leave it in 7BR You can always neck up Lapua 6mm BR brass.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Welcome.
I use H-4350 in my 6.5 Creed (XP-100 and Dominator), I also use it in my 6 Creed XP's as well.
Welcome!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank a lot. I got 10# of H4350
Keep you all posted.

Posts: 3 | Location: Woodward Ok | Registered: December 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've had a number of XP's in 7br over the last 30 years and they all shot very well. There is ample load data published for it. Brass can sometimes be found via IHMSA members or on their forum. Brass can be made by necking up 6br brass, either Lapua or Remington if you can find it.

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have read that SSK/Lehigh is going to offer 7mm BR cases. I can not remember if I called SSK or Lehigh to confirm this, but was told that indeed 7mm BR cases will be offered for sale. Call them and ask when that is going to happen. Hope that is helpful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PRR1957,

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There is 7mm br brass and dies for sale in the classifieds right now

Posts: 202 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post