Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage striker 516 to rifle stock Login/Join 

posted
Have a 308 savage striker.Anyone convert to rifle?
1]it has 4.4 stock screw spacing-will a accufit stock with same spacing work?The action has a left bolt,so maybe a left hand stock?
2]midgrip now - will a savage rifle trigger fit the action?
3]will definately have to get longer barrel-6br norma probably
4[BIG question is it worth it or just sell and get a reasonable rifle to rebarrel
the pistol is stainless-like that absolutely hate the trigger.Early trigger with the roller on back.Adjusted down,but used to triggers in my xp-s in the ozs.target shoot only
joined savage shooters but wont let me post.also said memberships not available.
Long winded,but looking for some good advise
THANKS

Posts: 98 | Location: upper east tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Your better off to just sell it. Buy what you want.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
Your better off to just sell it. Buy what you want.

Agree 100%

Posts: 128 | Location: South LA | Registered: March 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Left bolt right eject. I know of several guys that have them and really liked the setup as a rifle. I passed on one a while back and wish I would have snagged it now.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3023 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
I agree, sell it as is and keep it intact. They don’t make Strikers anymore and I’d rather see it stay in circulation. You can do a rifle in many configurations.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input.I listed on an auction site. BT was convincing-keep our bolt pistols intact.Also,would have as much or more in a conversion as others have said.Thanks everyone for sound advise. PS I do like right eject,left bolts

Posts: 98 | Location: upper east tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawcarver
posted Hide Post
Good call on selling it. The action screws are 4.4 but the action screw to recoil lug spacing is different. They wont fit in a normal 4.4 rifle stock.

A 110 savage trigger will fit in the action though incase you want to convert it to rear grip at some point.

Posts: 961 | Location: Howell MI | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post