Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stainless XP Login/Join 

posted
Did Remington ever make an XP-100 in stainless steel? I saw one for sale in a local gun shop and I am now not sure it actually was stainless, maybe hard chromed or something. The gun had a custom barrel and stock. It sure was pretty.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
No SS, SSK did some in hard chrome like you stated but none ever came from the factory as stainless. I've seen a few listed on gunbroker stating they were rare ss but they are not ss. Still would be a great addition if your looking an XP. What caliber?

Rick

Posts: 3536 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's in 223. I'll go back and take another look at it this weekend. I told myself I wasn't going to buy another gun this year but I can't get this one out of my mind.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I told myself I wasn't going to buy another gun this year but I can't get this one out of my mind.

Been there done that Big Grin

Posts: 2063 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
I never say never.I think all those guns in the safes must be multiplying on their own ....What can I say !

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 416 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not to add gas to a burning fire,but....
I love my XP in 223,did you know they are 12 twist and shoot the 53V-Max very nicely stoked with 8208 Smile
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 633 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Where was this? How much was it? I'm not to far from you in Carp Lake.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CATskinr
posted Hide Post
I have one that's not SS or chromed, it's just polished. I would post a pic but technically challenged. Don't know how to resize to get it to post.

Posts: 790 | Location: wyoming | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told myself I wasn't going to buy another gun this year

I told my wife that a couple months back. She's still laughing laugh

CATskinr if you send me the pic to my email in my profile i'll post it.

Rick

Posts: 3536 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Historicfirearms:
I'll go back and take another look at it this weekend. I told myself I wasn't going to buy another gun this year but I can't get this one out of my mind.

Its been my experience that when you hit your limit for the year is when the good deals start falling out of the sky like screech monkeys. Never let a good deal slip by.

Jon

Posts: 1614 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
CATskinr's XP pic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

posted Hide Post
Well I missed out on the one I had seen. It was gone when I went back to look at it. Oh well, I probably didn't "need" a new gun anyway.

Mike