Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    new build just because there's one more P.D. alive!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new build just because there's one more P.D. alive! Login/Join 

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted
Just finished up my newest build except I'm still waiting on a Cold Shot adjustable scope base. This one is actually a switch barrel XP that was built a couple years ago by my friend at Bills Custom Automatics. The gun has had the action trued with the bolt face opened up and a Sako styled extractor installed, it also has a PTG bolt stop, and a Jewell trigger. the action is pillar bedded in a McMillian stock from our group buy.
This Barrel is a McGowen heavy palma cut back to 18" with a 1.0" muzzle, 1"-8" twist, the brake is a 5 port 1.25" brake by Nathan Wright. It's chambered for the 28 Nosler. The Stock has a 3" bag rider added to the bottom of the stock to help tracking. Scope is a Burris XTRll 8-40 power with their f-class reticle. I have it mounted in Burris XTR signature rings. A huge THANK YOU to 40x Mike for his help in this project!!!
Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like it.

Enjoy your family and friends today as they may not be here tomorow.

Posts: 482 | Location: Manitoba | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow I really like that one congrats!!!! Would love to here what the velocities will be.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
What is the scope you went with?

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
A Burris XTR11 8-40x50.
http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...ss-moa-reticle-matte
I looked a lot of different scopes and really liked all the features of this scope. I'd looked at one at Ernie's last year and remember how clear it was.

Glenn

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Excellent glen thumbup thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Wohoo!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Glenn,
That looks awesome! I was happy to be of some help Big Grin
That's a 2k pd rig right there!

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow!! Glenn that really turned out nice, its clear to see you put a lot of thought into that build. Yep, that's a 2K dog killer and I can't wait to see it in action.

Adam should be posting pics soon also, another 2K killer.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adam should be posting pics soon also, another 2K killer.Jon

I think there's going to be a lot of big guns trying for the long shot this year, gonna be fun fun fun!!! happy

Glenn

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Saaaweet build! That should do the trick!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That rig is all business.I like it a lot,hope it will be spitting out the Berger 195's at those poor little pd's Smile
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice rig !!!!!

Posts: 52 | Location: New Madrid MO.63869 | Registered: January 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Great looking rig! thumbup

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
TGP

Have you started looking for a load with 195 Bergers?

I have a 280AI I am building,
and have "what ifing" the reasonable powders,
with 185/195 gr bullets.

So far, I have come up with several powders that run over 2500/2600 fps,
(per QL) with these powders/bullet weights.

My case cap run 74.2 grs H20, when running test loads in the 280AI,
I don't know what the 28 Nosler is.

I can provide you a short list of the best powders that give the best fps,
if you are interested.

Tia,
Don

--------------------------------
"Any person that fears me owning a firearm, then I have reason to fear that person"
--------------------------------
NRA Life Member
Sturm/Ruger Armours School-State of Nevada POST-Remington/ S&W Armour Schools-NRA Certified Range Master-State of Nevada POST Range Master-Jaycor Certified Pepperball Instructor-OC Pepper Spray Instructor-Tazer Instructor-NRA Law Enforcement Armours School-Lassen College LE Armours School-NRA Police Firearms Instructor Development School
Nam "Oct 67-Dec 68"
173rd ABN 2/503rd "Recon"
Retired 10/01/2009, 36+yrs

Posts: 1239 | Location: Western NV | Registered: August 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thumbup

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup drool

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 803 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
My case cap run 74.2 grs H20, when running test loads in the 280AI, I don't know what the 28 Nosler is.

Don,
A 28 Nosler is basically a shortened 7mm RUM, performance is very similar to the 7mm Dakota and 7STW.

Thanks,
Glenn

posted Hide Post
Should be a bit more than the dakota. It has more capacity anyways. I fired Mikes centergrip xp when we were out in the desert. Recoiled a bit more than my dak but a whole lot less than the 300RUM.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of greenhornet-1
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!

Posts: 478 | Location: appomattox va | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What kind of bench rest is that?

Posts: 73 | Location: California Mojave Desert | Registered: April 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice Rig ! It's a shame the rear grip McMillians are no longer available. I contacted them several weeks ago to find out how many would have to be ordered for them to do another production run. After speaking with several managers and sales reps I was told they would do it if 20 or stocks were ordered but they would have to locate the mold "IF " they still had it. I finally called them back after several weeks and was told the mold was more than likely thrown out. Sad , I think we could have easily met their minimum requirement. Sad

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sad , I think we could have easily met their minimum requirement

Can't believe they would throw out the mold after the last group buy, yea that min. would have been met, AGAIN! Big Grin

quote:
What kind of bench rest is that?

It's a Fuzz rest with a ShadeTree Engineering joystick top

Glenn