Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan Stock ? Login/Join 

Picture of Nitemann
posted
I picked up a early model McMillan stock for my XP-100 and have a question. Did earlier McMillan stocks have the metal plate to drill and tap for the rear screw? I know they get covered by the fiberglass or what ever it is but wanted to be sure before attempting to drill it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
2nd pic

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Whats your plan if there isn't a chunk of aluminum in there?

Aaron

Posts: 2749 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Aaron I drilled a small hole just to check and it does have metal. If not I was going to Dremel a recess and epoxy a T-nut in place.

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
I picked up a early model McMillan stock for my XP-100 and have a question. Did earlier McMillan stocks have the metal plate to drill and tap for the rear screw? I know they get covered by the fiberglass or what ever it is but wanted to be sure before attempting to drill it.

Yup it has a block in them. If it fails I just cut out a section and bed in another block.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post