Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions on Remington CP Login/Join 

posted

I'm still researching bolt action pistol actions and came across the Remington CP. Can anyone tell anything about this pistol, good or bad.

I would be looking at a .223. This particular one comes with a 10.5" barrel and I would replace it with one a little longer.

I spoke with Remington today and they do not sell their pistol actions to the public, only the complete firearm. They also told me that any Remington action that is for sale from a dealer will be designated as a rifle action.

Posts: 178 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
This is an action only and can be made into a pistol legally.

Any action only that has never been barreled is legal to make a pistol.

Remington SS single shot 700 action

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10774 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K9TXS:

I'm still researching bolt action pistol actions and came across the Remington CP. Can anyone tell anything about this pistol, good or bad.

I would be looking at a .223. This particular one comes with a 10.5" barrel and I would replace it with one a little longer.

I spoke with Remington today and they do not sell their pistol actions to the public, only the complete firearm. They also told me that any Remington action that is for sale from a dealer will be designated as a rifle action.

The Remington person that you spoke to didn't have their information correct.

As Al said a receiver is a receiver is a receiver and gets checked as other
on the 4473 when you pick it up at the FFL.

Buds has a good selection of Remington receivers. Screw a barrel on with a stock from Jim R and you're in business.

Jon

https://www.budsgunshop.com/se...n+700+receiver&type=

Posts: 1627 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

Posts: 178 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I asked Remington the same question about purchasing and building a XP. This is the answer I received

" George,

For any guidance on legal questions or compliance, I would recommend talking to your local dealer. But, a receiver is just a serialized part, It is not considered a rifle or pistol, SBR etc until the barrel and stock is added and overall length is determined. Thank you.

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Services"

Posts: 37 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post