Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your latest acquisition / project Login/Join 

Picture of indianamoon
posted
All right, there's just not enough traffic on this site anymore, let's get it up. Traffic that is. Post a pic and maybe a description of your most recent acquisition or project for everybody to drool over.

For starters, here is a 6.5BR with Taylor trigger that I just had the barrel threaded and added a tuner / brake.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: indianamoon,

Posts: 911 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
All I have is an x in a box.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
i have a negative sign

Posts: 531 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Let's try it now. Original link showed up just fine for me.

Posts: 911 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Awesome looking XP! I two Taylor’s triggers and they are fantastic triggers

Plain Jane XP 7BR

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay HHI6818,

Posts: 2065 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of straight8
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here, Very nice shooter though!
Rog

------------------------------
XP's: 250AI, 300BO, 350RM, 308 Imp, 375/350, 416 Whammy, 458X2"
Contender: 22LR, 375 JDJ, 500 HWP
Encore: 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 7mmRM, 308, 375 JDJ, 375 H&H, 340 WBY, 416 Taylor, 450 Alaskan, 475 & 500 Linebaugh
Semi: 45acp, 460 Rowland

Posts: 1144 | Location: "Y" City, Arkansas | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
One of my latest, custom 222 rem that I dropped in a wood stock I had laying around (came with the factory zytel stock). Also picked up another factory 223 that I put in an HS stock.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here is my Latest .... 308 Win. built by Chris at Bayside Custom Guns

1:10 15" Lilja SS 3 groove, XP-8 contour barrel
Holland Gen2 Radial Baffle brake
McMillian Center Grip(65% Medium Tan / 25% Medium Brown / 10% White)
Bolt face opened and bushed for .473 case head with Sako style extractor
EGW HD 20 MOA Scope Base
Burris 30mm XTR Signature Rings
Nikon Black FX1000 4-16x50mm FFP (FX-MOA reticle)
Barreled Action Cerekoted Graphite Black

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Freeze,

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
I'm in!
Smith: Rogue Precision Gunworks (Mike Able)
Caliber: 6.5 Saum
Barrel: Krieger 1-8
Bolt: Cone Nose,diamond cut,straight bolt, Tactical knob
Break: Holland gen 2 radial
Stock: McMillian (Buying group)
Trigger: 1.9 oz
Scope: Burris XTR II SCR 4-20 Mil
Bipod: Atlas
I haven't decided on the finish yet. I will be Hydro dipping the stock and cerakoting the barrel and action.

Derek >>>--------->

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
I'm in!
Smith: Rogue Precision Gunworks (Mike Able)
Caliber: 6.5 Saum
Barrel: Krieger 1-8
Bolt: Cone Nose,diamond cut,straight bolt, Tactical knob
Break: Holland gen 2 radial
Stock: McMillian (Buying group)
Trigger: 1.9 oz
Scope: Burris XTR II SCR 4-20 Mil
Bipod: Atlas
I haven't decided on the finish yet. I will be Hydro dipping the stock and cerakoting the barrel and action.
Derek >>>--------->

Derek,
What barrel length (minus the brake) and barrel profile did you go with on your 6.5 SAUM?

Thanks,
Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hey Matt,
17" plus break. Remington varmint taper. Next go around I won't forget my chrono so I will know what she's doing!
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
This ones still in the works....but it should be the biggest attention whore at wyshot laugh

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Matt,
17" plus break. Remington varmint taper. Next go around I won't forget my chrono so I will know what she's doing!
Derek >>>---------->

Thanks.
Are you able to shoot with full eye relief?

I'm trying to get a handle on how light a contour , and what brake will will allow full eye relief for my next build.

-Freeze

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freeze:
quote:
Hey Matt,
Derek >>>---------->

Thanks.
Are you able to shoot with full eye relief?

I'm trying to get a handle on how light a contour , and what brake will will allow full eye relief for my next build.

-Freeze

6.5 saum?

16” #5 or sendero with a Holland will sit pretty still.

That big 26 nosler doesn’t move. It has a medium Palma and a holland

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Yes no problem at all. The weight of the barrel and that Holland break really calm things down.
Derek. >>>~~~~~>

posted Hide Post
Derek & Chris,

Thank you both.
I am trying to get a handle on what profiles and brakes allow for full field of view.

I think my next build will be a .284 Win (but I might consider a hot 6.5), but I want to build it as light as possible and still meet the full eye relief criteria with bullets up to 175 gr (in 7mm).

I figure the lighter weight bullets in the 6.5 might be the only way to get where I want to be.

Thanks again,
Freeze

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Here's another, 22PPC

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
This 6.5 creed will be used by a new shooter at wyshot.