Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold scope base for XP-100 Login/Join 

posted
Can someone please tell me if a Leupold base for a 700 short action windage adjustable base #50006 work on a xp-100.
Thank you

Posts: 473 | Location: terryville, ct | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I should have a pile of take off Leupold and other brands in the shop. You can have them.

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Just shoot me an email if you want them.

Bcgunworks@gmail.com

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer and quick response but a fellow club member just gave me a branny new one still in the package! Happy shootin

Posts: 473 | Location: terryville, ct | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A 700 base and a xp base are different. So nope no work.

Posts: 629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks cba257, guess I'll give him his base back.

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
A Remington 700 short action one piece base will fit on a centergrip XP-100. I have several that have Leupold , Redfield, Burris and Weaver one piece bases. Try it, if the holes line up it's fine.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Nitemann I will try it, it is for a center grip

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Not sure what scope your mounting but on all my new XP's and several of my older ones that don't have the Burris extended base, I've switched over to the EGW base and Burris signature zee rings. It gives you a lot more options for placing the scope and eye relief.

Rick

Posts: 3536 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rick, this XP I have the long 10x Burris. I have another center grip XP with a dual dovetail mount and Leupold Vari-X 2.5-8 on and I can't push it away far enough for a good field of view. I'm going to put a 3x9 rifle scope on it and give it a try. Both XP'S are .221. Thanks for your expertise

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Not sure what scope your mounting but on all my new XP's and several of my older ones that don't have the Burris extended base, I've switched over to the EGW base and Burris signature zee rings. It gives you a lot more options for placing the scope and eye relief.

Rick

Same here on the EGW base and Signature Rings. If you are a dialer it takes the correct ring spacing dfor coralation.

Jon

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann, Iowa Fox, can you please tell me which EGW base you order for center grip XP? Thank you

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
KU:40200
REMINGTON XP, XR 100, MODEL 7 3-HOLE SHORT ACTION PICATINNY RAIL 0 MOA
$39.99

If you want 20 MOA it's 40202.

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! This is truely a great site! I hope I can help you someday, Or buy you a cold drink of your choice. Cool