Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel choice for a new build. Login/Join 

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted
I realize most top barrel makers make excellent barrels but if it came down to Brux or Krieger would one have any advantage over another?

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize most top barrel makers make excellent barrels but if it came down to Brux or Krieger would one have any advantage over another?

I think it's fielder's choice, with those two choices plus several other barrel makers the biggest differences will be in the quality of the chambering, action trueing, and muzzle crowning. 2cents

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
go to BUGHOLES.com and see what you can buy. they have many instock with no 6 mo wait

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Kreiger. Period. Put a Kreiger 6x47 lapua on my MOA that is shooting 1/4" groups. WOW

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
go to BUGHOLES.com and see what you can buy. they have many instock with no 6 mo wait

Brunos also a place to look but pricey.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I would have to go with the Krieger also between those two.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
PA mike , you know my choice Big Grin
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys ,sounds like great advice. Hi

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Brux.

Posts: 950 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You won't go wrong with either. Brux, Broughton, Bartlein, or Krieger. They all make good ones, and once in a while a dud gets out.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
You won't go wrong with either. Brux, Broughton, Bartlein, or Krieger. They all make good ones, and once in a while a dud gets out.

Aaron

DITTO!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
All of my McGowen barrels shoot lights out.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7fingers:
All of my McGowen barrels shoot lights out.

If I don't use one of the above barrels, I will use a McGowen without hesitation.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post