Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 48 Independence Login/Join 

posted
Anyone have experience with these in 308Win? Looking for a SP to hunt with and ran across an ad for one of them . Any info on them appreciated .
Thanks, Chris

Posts: 113 | Location: Ellijay GA | Registered: June 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Nosler is resuming building these this month. Really want one in 308. My NCH is deadly accurate. Need to hightail it to my FFL, so he can order. He has the best price around.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris, I don't have one in .308 Win. yet. I do have three of the Nosler handguns and couldn't be more pleased. They are very accurate! I believe you will enjoy this handgun -- and the .308 will handle a lot of hunting opportunities. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
What is considered a good price for one of these?
Thanks
Dave

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
My FFL quoted me 1300.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All the reviews and talk I can find on them is mostly on the 6 Creed . Which apparently is very accurate . I wonder if the 308 would be ? I'm wanting to shoot out to 600 yds .

Posts: 113 | Location: Ellijay GA | Registered: June 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I handled one of these at the LGS, almost bought it but it there to think about it and it was gone the next day. It felt really nice, still kicking myself for not getting it. I think 308 would be the caliber to get it in for me...

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris,
I'd been interested in buying a Model 48. Over the span of a few weeks, found very few in 6.5 CM and none in 22 Nosler. I even sent an email to Nosler for help finding one. At the same time, Nosler started selling "used" rifles and handguns on their website. I ended up buying a Nosler Custom Handgun in 22 Nosler from them. It cost a little less than the brand new 22 Nosler I couldn't find. The "used" guns on their website have been used at displays, gun shows, hunts, reviews, etc. Who knows, maybe Mark Hampton himself shot my gun. thumbup I plan on sharing a brief review once I've finished initial load development (almost done). Currently the only handgun available is a NCH in 24 Nosler. Good luck and keep us updated.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Gary T, If you got the 22 Nosler I first tested - it's scary accurate!! I mounted a straight 4x Leupold on it and I couldn't believe the bug-hole groups at 100 yards. All three of my Nolser pistols are extremely accurate and I'm sure you'll be happy with yours.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
On the model 48, Independence, is this ordered directly from Nosler?
I was going to talk with my FFL shop and I would like to have the info when I talk with him.
I'm really looking at the .308 and have a brake installed if Nosler doesn't do that so I can use a rifle scope.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike, I believe you can order direct from Nosler. And I'm pretty sure they will install a muzzle brake if requested. Good luck with this project.

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Mike there are 2 brand new ones on GB right now, one 308 and one 6.5 Creed. Both from the same seller and he's asking more for the Creed than the 308.

Nosler 48 on GB

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The two on GB are the only ones I have found .

posted Hide Post
quote:
Gary T, If you got the 22 Nosler I first tested - it's scary accurate!! I mounted a straight 4x Leupold on it and I couldn't believe the bug-hole groups at 100 yards. All three of my Nolser pistols are extremely accurate and I'm sure you'll be happy with yours.

Mark, thanks for the encouraging words. When I bought mine, there were 2 available. Both had a blued action/barrel, but one had a black stock while the other had a dark bronze stock. I went dark bronze. Load development has been encouraging. So far I've used Shooter's World AR Plus, H322,CFE223 and LT-32. For now, it looks like I'll be loading the latter two. I had a lot of confidence in buying the NCH/Model 48 knowing you had a role in it's development. thumbup Once I've shot it a little more, I'll post a brief review here.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I ordered a Nosler Custom Handgun directly form Nosler in 7mm-08. Will be picking it up next week. The custom handgun costs more than the Independence, but two custom color cerakote is included.

Nosler will install a Harrell muzzle break as an option. 100 yd test: 3 shots - .36" group with Nosler 120 grain BT ammo.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lancaster County, PA | Registered: July 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Independence today from my dealer. I'm no expert, but I don't see much difference between it and the NCH. Will be heading to my gunsmith for a brake and possibly Cerakoting the stock.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Mine ended up being 1379 shipped. $25 extra for my dealer.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Curious , who did you place your initial order with ? That's a very reasonable price in my opinion.

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Elk County Arms St Mary's PA. The 6.5CM they have is more $$.

Tim

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information!

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post