Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-06 Login/Join 

posted
Will it fit a xp?

Looking for 25 cal ideas. Talked to Ernie about 25creedmor. Maybe 257 Roberts. Any more ideas? Thanks guys

Jon

Posts: 71 | Location: OK | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You'll be able to get it into the chamber. Won't be able to eject a loaded one though. What do you want to do with it? I'd build a 257 IMP or maybe a 250 IMP

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I will hunting deer and coyotes

Posts: 71 | Location: OK | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I used to walk all the time hunting deer and other critters, since my stroke I find sitting in one spot a LOT better. I have a . 256win mag tc barrel (14") that gets a lot of use. I HAVE taken deer with it. I have a RIFLE in 25-06 that gets used once in a while. It is quite heavy and used for LOONG range shooting. It sounds like you want an XP in 25caliber. I THINK a 25 caliber on a .308 case might be a good choice.$$$ for special dies Possibly making it an Ackley Improved case for better use in the shorter barrel.

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you're not totally decided on 25 cal, going up just a little gets you to 260 Rem territory, which gives you factory ammo, brass, dies, etc. If 25, I'd second the 250 Savage AI.

John

Posts: 1284 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
25 WSSM

Be aware selection of high grade bullets is thin.

I myself would opt for a 6mm or 6.5. That is hard for me to say as I am a 25 nut.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3037 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
We have a 25 creedmoor reamer. Troll

Posts: 4031 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
My XP in .250 AI has been awesome on groundhogs, deer, coyotes. 500 yd. shots are easy with a Burris 3-12 BPlex. Recoil very mild. Accuracy is great. Done deer to 350 without problems. Have over 2000 rounds through it and the bore is in good shape. My #1 varmint gun.

Posts: 1877 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
I have a 257ai in an Encore made by VVCG now(MGM), I think it will run right with the 25-06 in a 15" barrel. I really haven't rung it out to a max load but it shoots great with just about everything I've put through it so far. I've been using the old 25-20 Remington FP bullets to fire form brass and they have shot great as well just fire forming brass.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10781 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
I have a 25-06AI that is fantastic! I am also going to have a 257 Weatherby built.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by semperfi:
I have a 25-06AI that is fantastic! I am also going to have a 257 Weatherby built.

SemperFi

257 weatherby SP or rifle?

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Pistol, of course!

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post