Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAVAGE TARGET ACTION PISTOL STOCK QUESTION Login/Join 

posted
Does, anyone still make a laminate pistol stock for the savage target action?

Posts: 472 | Location: Marietta, Ga | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Try Joel Russo.

Larry

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone is currently doing laminated stocks for the Savage PTA which is a shame. 5 or 6 years ago there were a lot of posts here showing the target action builds in some gorgeous laminated stocks but nothing as of late. Last summer when my wife was laid up and I couldn't get far from the house I went on a real witch hunt to shake one out of the sky as I know there are stock cutters out there with CNC programs for them. I got lucky and found one for a 100 delivered. I'd like to find a good duplicator to write a program from this one before I do anything with it. There's a pic of it in the very last post of this thread. If J Russo does have a program for them he is so expensive no one can afford it.

Jon

http://specialtypistols.infopo...6077864/m/7890012786

Posts: 1600 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try Joel Russo.

He no longer makes any pistol stocks per his email to me a couple months ago

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
Plenty of choices, you just gotta cut off the butt-stock. Stockys, Richards Microfit, Northland shooters supply, Savage Shooters, all have laminate rifle (benchrest or f-class) that I'm considering for my PTA with a 4.41"bolt spacing

Mike B.

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
But I'm gonna use a Bell & Carlson Medalist. After buttstock-ectomy some epoxy to cover the cut, and finish the pistolgrip.

Will post her as completeted.

(Sav PTA 284Win SP)

Mike B.

BTW, I have a rear grip Russo on my XP100R, Awesome to shoot (Lee Six style) but the pistolgrip is weak, mine has broken & been glued, stronger now. Still shootin great, but don't think I'd use that design again. (XP100R 6BR) YMMV

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post