Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture Time Login/Join 

Picture of welderdaehon
posted
Seeing that many of us are stuck at home more than normal due to the covid-19 virus, I was curious if you gentleman would want to show off some of the pictures you have of your mid grip and rear grip specialty pistols?

Posts: 69 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Just one of many. 20 VarTarg by Rogue River Precision.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Stiller TAC 30 243AI

https://i.imgur.com/TNV1DzF.jpg

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Seven Fingers Xp 100 6x45

XP 100 6PPC Blue

Stolle Cub 6 PPC

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dan , I've looked for a few years for a Stolle cub nice stock on the Stolle who made it if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling this picture thread will cost me some money...

Chris

Posts: 698 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Nice stock Nitemann! How does the 20 Vartag shoot? I have studied that round for a Contender and like the ballistics.

Here is my XP in 222 Rem Mag, Burris 3x12 BP, with a little wax on the walnut stock.
Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The stock was made by LEE SIX
He has passed away, mold was sold to Kelbly, I never heard what happened to the mold

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My latest project
A FA Single shot in 357 Magnum

DAN

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice stock Nitemann! How does the 20 Vartag shoot? I have studied that round for a Contender and like the ballistics.

Mike it shoots fantastic, Mike Abel built it and thanks again for the stock. I also have the 20VT in a Contender rifle barrel from MGM, shoots very well. That 222 mag has lots of drool factor.

Rick

Posts: 3549 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dan L thanks for responding . At the moment I have Jim Rockwell turning a Claro blank I sent him I noticed his grips remind me of the Lee 6 . Never seen one with the wider forearm .
JimW

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Just a few.............

Oh to have the time to shoot them all!!
-Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Sorry...
1- 22 BR
2- 7 Dakota
3- 7 Saum
4- 6.5 Saum
5- 6 Creed
6- 25 Saum
Derek

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
After seeing all these super nice pistols, I guess I'll show my ugly duck:

I bought this Striker in .223 from a very nice fellow on this forum a few weeks ago.

I had a new 24" 20VT barrel that I had a smith shorten to 20" and thread for my suppressor, and screwed it on last Saturday.

Took it to the range this afternoon, bore sighted it at 100, and in a right to left wind so strong it blew over my Chrony, it shot a very nice three shot group of about .490.

First shot without the can (high right). 3-shot group with can.

I regret now not cutting the barrel down to 18". Oh well.

BTW ... those were the first 4 shots out of that barrel.

The wind picked up and I couldn't keep my hat on.

I'll get down to the range again this week and work up a ladder test.

Posts: 23 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: January 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Tried to post a pic of one of my homemade XPs. Could not make it work. Just filling in time

Posts: 18 | Location: Montrose, Colorado | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Years ago we had a thread here for showing off our toys. It had over 250 post if I remember correctly. When photobucket started charging for their service most of the pics could no longer be seen. It had some incredible firearms on it. A lot from some great guys that are no longer with us.

Rick

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Try Imgur for posting pics. It works great.
Derek

Picture of welderdaehon
posted Hide Post
I remember that post of pictures well.

Posts: 69 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of welderdaehon
posted Hide Post
Its funny that you mention that thread possibly costing you money. This site alone has cost me money, lol.

posted Hide Post
You guys are making me drool Slap_Forehead

Posts: 565 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: March 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of welderdaehon
posted Hide Post
I saw Arrowflinger's picture of the XP-100R and I truly miss mine. .308 barrel I bought from a forum member, JP Howlitzer muzzle break and it had no muzzle lift off the bench with a slight lean on the bipod.

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Here is my XP100, Apache Machine build, HS Precision Stock, .284 Winchester,
Krieger Heavy taper, 1-9 twist for 150-160 bullets, 15". Full work over package on the action. EGW 0 degree scope base, 4 screw, Burris 3x12 BP shooting Berger 140 ELD Hunters.

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Since I'm in the final stages of getting ready for a prairie dog hunt I'll share my two favorite pd hunting guns,XP's in 6 BR (top) and 22 BR (bottom). Gunsmithing done by Clarence Hammonds.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann,
That's a good looking XP! thumbup Tell me more about your 20 VarTarg. What's your load? What kind of performance do you get?

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post

243win done by Don fraley at advanced weapons technology(AWT)

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Very nice rig, KYODE! Have you shot it much. I'm still setting on a XP I picked up that already has an action/trigger job, McMillan stock and 7-08 barrel. I'm still looking at the .243 barrel w/break for this one. I was on the fence between 6BR and .243 but fell to the .243 side after doing some research for what purpose I would be using it for. Paper some, hunting mostly. I have a Encore pistol barrel in 243 with Ross break and a MGM .2243 Encore rifle barrel that shoots lights out. I won't have to do anything except load more ammo. HAH. AWT sure builds some nice firearms. I have been lurking on their site since you told me about them.
Again, great rig.

Mike

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
ohboy havnt shot it much yet. Just a few cheap factory loads. I have some test rounds loaded up though. Im just really slow!

He builds phenomenal firearms. ”Huntertm” here bought one of AWT’s rifles in 6 dasher. One holer at 100yrds with 105 Amax and bout as good with the similar hp match bulley. He shot it today in a prs practice and was ringing steel at well over 600 yrds consistently. So he said anyway. laugh

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Would like to see more pictures not comments on the pics!??

C'mon man

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post