Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP-100 Bedding Question Login/Join 

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted
What is everyone’s thoughts on bedding the first couple of inches of the barrel after the action? It seems to me it should lessen the stress on the rear screw. Just would like to know what everyone else does and their reasoning.

Thanks
Dave

Posts: 452 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
I prefer free float, myself. Not sure how much stress is imparted to the rear screw as recoil forces the barrel to rise, which would put pressure downward on the rear of the frame.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not needed.

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Stubshaft
posted Hide Post
I prefer free floating too.

------------------------------
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Posts: 316 | Location: Kaneohe, Hawaii | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that saves a little work.

Big10 I was concerned because of the downward push from the top holes in the brake. I had a smith tell me he quit putting top holes in his brakes after he had watched a slow motion shot of the barrel slamming into the stock.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Dave

Posts: 452 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post