Specialty Pistols
Got my new stock today!

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/6690021386

June 03, 2016, 09:03 PM
XPjeff
Got my new stock today!
Mail lady dropped off the XP with the new stock from Royal Arms today! Norman did an excellent job on the fit,bedding,and free floating! And only about a few weeks turn around time. Doesn't get much better than that! I already know I will be a repeat customer.

It is not finished so I need to find time between a kitchen remodel and other projects and get busy sanding.

He said he had 3 xp stocks to do when he got mine...anyone else on the forum here have one done by him too?
June 03, 2016, 09:11 PM
Da-Law-Dawg
I've built one for CopperTop here recently on one of Norm's stocks. Have a second one in the works for him off Norm's stock as well.
June 03, 2016, 09:29 PM
KYODE
Nosey me Big Grin.........how much they charge fer doin all that?

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA
June 03, 2016, 11:33 PM
Iowa Fox
I got one of his stocks little over a year ago. For the shape, quality, price, and turn around time I don't know of anyone else that can beat Norm. Jeff I hope you post a pic after you get some finish on it.
June 04, 2016, 12:04 AM
XPjeff
I will definately put pics up when I get it done. I will have a lot of sanding to do to break some edges and smooth it up a bit. Mostly around the grip area to fit my hand a little better. It is pretty dull now but once the finish is sprayed it will really pop. And for the question on price...he charges $225 plus shipping. It was $246 total for me plus the $21 for me to send it to him initially. It is glass bedded up to the chamber and free floated after that. And the wood to metal fit is superb! He really did a great job.

It will really look good when I get the Burris extended base and the scope on. Im going to use a gloss 2x Leupold. Btw , it's an all factory 35 Rem Silhouette model.
June 04, 2016, 12:06 AM
big10
That is sexy. Will really pop with the finish on it. What you gonna use?

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)
June 04, 2016, 12:14 AM
XPjeff
Was posting at the same time Rod.

I like using a satin poly. I can get a pretty nice finish that is easy to touch up for me anyway. It also gives the option of making it a nice hand rubbed look or taking it to the buffer and turn it into a smooth peice of glass!

Thia was taken with my cell phone so it isnt a very good pic but its my custom shop stock sprayed with satin poly , sanded with 600 grit , and then hit with the buffer...

June 04, 2016, 07:54 AM
junebug
Some of the painted ones look good but. There is just something magical about a pretty piece of wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 04, 2016, 03:57 PM
Da-Law-Dawg
Here's the stock on the customer's build.....

June 04, 2016, 07:13 PM
XPjeff
That is a nice looking set up! The hardest part was deciding what color to go with so I just went with the brightest one he had. My next one might be one of the red or blue laminates. Need to get one sent out for a reballel first so it will be a little while yet.