Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurate alternative to PSR BogPod Login/Join 

Picture of TXBRASS
posted
Showing that accuracy can be achieved by alternative techniques. Shooting from a bare top BogPod off of a W-GEAR CLAW BAG:

https://youtu.be/1-AXl7O0QC4

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

Posts: 3532 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

don't know what the bag weighs. But here are other numbers

the bog pod (no top) weighs 40 ounces and is designed to hold 10-12 pounds total.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

The bag weighs under 8 pounds. As the video clearly shows, the BogPod is a great combination with the CLAW BAG and the 10 pound max theory of Hoggin’s is laughable. It’s not made of cardboard. Funny how Hoggin always says something negative to my posts.... Typical....
Proof is in the pudding....

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

the bog pod (no top) weighs 40 ounces and is designed to hold 10-12 pounds total.

As suspected, FAKE NEWS...
Out of curiousity, I called BogPod and the guy said they don’t list weight limits but have tested them with rigs over 20 pounds with no issues. Imagine that.... More “modified numbers” from Cris Rhodes.... LMAO!!!

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXBRASS:
quote:
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

Out of curiousity, I called BogPod and the guy said they don’t list weight limits but have tested them with rigs over 20 pounds with no issues. Imagine that.... More “modified numbers” from Cris Rhodes.... LMAO!!!

one no one said anything bad about anything so I don't know why your acting the way you are....hope you feel better now.

two....bog gear has changed hands quite a bit....what they make, advertise, show whatever has changed a good bit.

Factual numbers were posted....I would have nothing to gain from lying.....and I use bog gear and have for quite some time...

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

one no one said anything bad about anything so I don't know why your acting the way you are....hope you feel better now.

two....bog gear has changed hands quite a bit....what they make, advertise, show whatever has changed a good bit.

Factual numbers were posted....I would have nothing to gain from lying.....and I use bog gear and have for quite some time...

Provide claimed “factual numbers” in writing or quit trolling my thread....

Ur true colors shine thru when u comment on my posts. On second thought keep it up though as u do for me what Obama did for Gun sales. Thanks Hoggy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TXBRASS,

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
still trying to figure out how it was trolling....nothing bad was said but ok...thanks

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, wasn't trying to start anything. Was just wanting know as everything I hunt requires it to be put in my pack and carried in. Weight is very important to me when I have to carry it mile after mile, up hill and down.

Rick

Posts: 3532 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry guys, wasn't trying to start anything. Was just wanting know as everything I hunt requires it to be put in my pack and carried in. Weight is very important to me when I have to carry it mile after mile, up hill and down.

Rick

Sorry....was just trying to help

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rick

The lighter bog pod using the sgt sniper rest is pretty light compared to the PSR top. It’s not rock solid but it’s more than doable.

You’ll want a thicker bag to get the elevation adjustment. One of Cody’s smaller bags may work well there.

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
Rick, I've had the same thoughts about weight and lugging stuff on my hunts.
I tried to pack my Bog Pod the first few times. That was a circus. Where do you put it? How do you attach it to you?
I gave up on that. Since I'm old and decrepit and have significant arthritis in one knee, I'm not exactly a athletic walker. I stumble some and don't handle downhill well. So, instead of using walking staffs I lengthened my Bog Pod enough to use it as a walking stick. I left the PSR on it, but it could be broke down and put in my pack. It has worked great.
I used on my Coues hunt (6 miles by GPS), javelena (2 miles), rockchucks (at least 6-8 miles over 4 days), multiple deer hunts in WV (crop damage and deer season 1-2 miles per), and groundhog hunts ( 1/2- 1 1/2 miles per). Altogether I've made around 50+ kills off the PSR out to 581 yards).
At first I used a very small sandbag under the butt of my gun, but I found that if I rest my left hand on the back of the PSR and put the butt of the XP, Encore, revolver, up my left hand enough so it doesn't touch the PSR the shot is not affected from where it's sighted in.
What do you do at the end of the hunt if you need both hands to carry things. I collapse the Bog POd to it's shortest length, loosen the belt that my revolver is on, slide the Bog Pod in it. Works fine.
Shooting off the "naked" metal of the front PSR rest? I lost the little rubber insert the first few hunts. Now I shoot of the piece of rubber permanently attached to the front. It has never caused my shots to "whip" and shoot high.
I do not carry any sandbags or other aids. Just the BogPOd, PSR, and me. No issues at all.

Posts: 1856 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

Funny how Hoggin always says something negative to my posts.... Typical....

So Cody, I've read this a couple of times trying to see the negative comment that Chris made. Was it deleted by a Mod? Must have been pretty bad for you to whine so much.

Mike B

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HandCanonShootr:
quote:
quote:
Cody,

what's the bag weigh?

Rick

Funny how Hoggin always says something negative to my posts.... Typical....

So Cody, I've read this a couple of times trying to see the negative comment that Chris made. Was it deleted by a Mod? Must have been pretty bad for you to whine so much.

Mike B

No it’s all there

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WV Hitman:
Rick, I've had the same thoughts about weight and lugging stuff on my hunts.
I tried to pack my Bog Pod the first few times. That was a circus. Where do you put it? How do you attach it to you?
I gave up on that. Since I'm old and decrepit and have significant arthritis in one knee, I'm not exactly a athletic walker. I stumble some and don't handle downhill well. So, instead of using walking staffs I lengthened my Bog Pod enough to use it as a walking stick. I left the PSR on it, but it could be broke down and put in my pack. It has worked great.
I used on my Coues hunt (6 miles by GPS), javelena (2 miles), rockchucks (at least 6-8 miles over 4 days), multiple deer hunts in WV (crop damage and deer season 1-2 miles per), and groundhog hunts ( 1/2- 1 1/2 miles per). Altogether I've made around 50+ kills off the PSR out to 581 yards).
At first I used a very small sandbag under the butt of my gun, but I found that if I rest my left hand on the back of the PSR and put the butt of the XP, Encore, revolver, up my left hand enough so it doesn't touch the PSR the shot is not affected from where it's sighted in.
What do you do at the end of the hunt if you need both hands to carry things. I collapse the Bog POd to it's shortest length, loosen the belt that my revolver is on, slide the Bog Pod in it. Works fine.
Shooting off the "naked" metal of the front PSR rest? I lost the little rubber insert the first few hunts. Now I shoot of the piece of rubber permanently attached to the front. It has never caused my shots to "whip" and shoot high.
I do not carry any sandbags or other aids. Just the BogPOd, PSR, and me. No issues at all.

I shoot it pretty much the same way. But I load up the play from the psr with my off hand pushing down and use a small squeeze bag then for elevation.

I also like to use it as a walking stick

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Cool video great shooting!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Any chance you'll be adding Velcro straps across the top so you can attach it to your gun (like one over barrel, one over scope) to ease transitions on barricades and similar?

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19879 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have a question that is related only in that it concerns the PSR. Have any of you had the pistol grip of the PSR turn all tacky. Mine is almost gooey. If so, any solutions? Thanks.

John

Posts: 1284 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When my grip got tacky I wrapped it with coflex camo elastic bandage. It has been on my PSR since 2014 and works like a champ. Easy to apply or replace if you don't like it plus it's cheap.

Posts: 54 | Location: Albany,Ga | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 444Thumper:
Have a question that is related only in that it concerns the PSR. Have any of you had the pistol grip of the PSR turn all tacky. Mine is almost gooey. If so, any solutions? Thanks.

John

I used alcohol to get off the goo and it has stayed off since.

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Mike:
Looks great!

Any chance you'll be adding Velcro straps across the top so you can attach it to your gun (like one over barrel, one over scope) to ease transitions on barricades and similar?

Not at this time... we have had a few regular PRS shooters help with development and they prefer it without the top strap, but have had a few ask for it as well.

CW

www.codyweiser.com

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks great! Any chance you'll be adding Velcro straps across the top so you can attach it to your gun (like one over barrel, one over scope) to ease transitions on barricades and similar?mike

Mike,
I was thinking about adding Velcro on the four claws and make the strips long enough to be able to criss cross them to hold the bag tight on a shooting rail on my tree stands.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Cody,
Thanks for the tip. Alcohol worked great, good as new.

John

Posts: 1284 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 444Thumper:
Cody,
Thanks for the tip. Alcohol worked great, good as new.

John

Anytime! Glad i could help.

CW

www.codyweiser.com