Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a .375 cal if for an XP Login/Join 

posted
Is There a .375 cal that fits a XP with not much trouble
Is there one that would work in a XP'R

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
The first one that comes to mind is the .375x.284, it wouldn't surprise me to see something in the JDJ wildcat line either.

------------------------------
I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2167 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
With the "R" version if you wanted to use the magazine it would need to be a short action cartridge like the 338 Fed necked up to 375 or the 300 SAUM necked up to 375.
If choosing to shoot it as a single-shot then the sky is the limit (almost).

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
This is a .375/.284 XP. It works quite well. Did this guy at 129-one shot, a Shiras moose at 180+-1 shot, groundhogs, deer, and coyote out to 375. With this Burris 3-12X BPlex scope it is a totally awesome gun showing accuracy and power at long range

Posts: 1865 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a cool picture Doc. Which do you like more the .375 or 325wsm?

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Ernie I figured you would know
I am already planning on a 338 federal
375 x 284 interesting
WV who did your 375x284 tell us about that pistol

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Leu Man, my .375/.284 is a world class gun, capable of taking anything that's huntable. I've used it to 375 on deer, groundhogs and coyotes in WV with 260 Accubonds and Alaska and Shiras moose with the same.
The .325 WSM is primarily a North America gun, although I did my croc with it. It, also, is good to 400 with BTs, Accubonds, and Sierra Match.
If I don't want animals to move after being hit, like this year's bear, I use the .375. It's doing 2350-2450 fps with most bullets. I like them both about the same. Use is based on circumstances.
Blaserman, this is a SSK gun. The bolt and receiver are skeletonized. Barrel is 15" plus a SSK break. With a 3-12X Burris BPlex the top of the bottom crosshair is on at 400. It shoots 1-1 1/2" with all bullets making it the most versatile handgun I have, i.e., groundhog accuracy with hippo killing power. "They" say Burris scopes aren't tough. This one has been on this gun for 13 years. Never a problem.

Posts: 1865 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Very cool as always Doc. Thanks for the info.

Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Blazerman, I also went with the 338 fed. Ernni, short mag 375 or 338 hmm, now you got me wanting another barrel..lol

"All your skill is to no avail when an Angel ****es in your touch hole". :Old German hunters quote.

Posts: 167 | Location: Troy, MT | Registered: September 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WV Hitman

What dies do you use.

posted Hide Post
There is the 375 JDJ but I think J D has to do the chambering for it.

Lord have mercy upon mine enemies for I will have none.

Posts: 26 | Location: Mecklenburg Co. VA | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The .375 JDJ is for Contenders and Encores, not XPs due to the rim.
I use RCBS dies.

posted Hide Post
WV Hitman, thanks for the info, I was told incorrectly.

Lord have mercy upon mine enemies for I will have none.

Posts: 26 | Location: Mecklenburg Co. VA | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post