Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German made Blaser handgun? Login/Join 

posted
Please correct me if I am wrong but did not Blaser make a specialty handgun for a very short time about a decade or more ago? I seem to recall that there was some write up but then it disappeared.

Posts: 570 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, they did. It was based on their R93 bolt action rifle action. I don't know if it actually made it into production-barrels were to be interchangeable.

Posts: 21 | Location: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: December 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
Yes; the Blaser R93 HHS (Handgun Hunting System)

Posts: 2349 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
From my understanding, the feds weren't too happy with it, so it was dropped. Too bad, it was a neat system, though pricey.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pretty interesting. Here is an article I found written by a familiar face on here. If Mark sees this, maybe he can add some more to the history.

http://www.handgunhunt.com/columns/hampton_sep03.html

http://www.rockislandauction.c...rd/WBH154-S-F1-L.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 444Thumper,

Posts: 1284 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magman:
From my understanding, the feds weren't too happy with it, so it was dropped.

Those guys spoil all the fun.

------------------------------

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
That's a gogeous sp!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes they did I have been shooting a Blasér R93 for years
The serial number ended with a p
for pistol There are still some around but very
Costly $ 3000 +. Calibers from 22lr to 416 rigby

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
.416 Rigby!.....OUCH!!!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hope it had a big brake.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Or open sights! bolt

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes they did indeed. Mine has three barrels-243, 308, 300 win mag. I use the 308 almost exclusively. Taken whitetail at over 400, and the Javelina pictured at 200. Love this pistol, shoots very accurately with any loads it's given and seems to point and fire with very little effort. GREAT handgun!

Posts: 45 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Cool SP!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12176 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Bigsheep,

What is the length of your 308 barrel?

CW

www.codyweiser.com

posted Hide Post
All three of the barrels are Just under 15".

Posts: 45 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late reply -- I just returned from Pakistan. I remember the Blaser handgun well -- took it to Zambia & Zimbabwe and shot several head of game with it. The gun was accurate and had a great trigger. Like a fool -- I returned the gun. Thought I'd pick one up at a later date. Another one of my foolish decisions!

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit this, but if it came with a RH bolt, I would really want one.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12176 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:

Ernie, according to blue book of gun values it was available in RH or LH straight pull bolt. Better start counting your pennies. laugh

http://bluebookofgunvalues.com...NTING_HANDGUN_SYSTEM

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Now WHY did you have to tell me that??? ohboy drool crackhead
Well, finding one in a chambering I would use is probably a completely different story.

quote:
Originally posted by Smokin7mm:
quote:

Ernie, according to blue book of gun values it was available in RH or LH straight pull bolt. Better start counting your pennies. laugh

Bret

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
just like the rifles, you can get left or right bolt head configurations and can swap between the two. Also, I believe the barrels are set up exactly the same as their R93 rifle barrels, so you'd have a wide variety of calipers and be able to cut them down and brake/thread them.

Ernie, it might be inevitable, if you can find one available. I'll keep an eye out for you Big Grin

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help. Big Grin

Between Mike, you, and others on this forum that have helped me spend my money, I just thought I would return the favor. laugh

Bret

quote:
Now WHY did you have to tell me that??? ohboy drool crackhead
Well, finding one in a chambering I would use is probably a completely different story.

quote:
Originally posted by Smokin7mm:
quote:

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post