Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp 100 ...... i dont need it. Login/Join 

Picture of KYODE
posted
laugh

I went from 1 to 3 over the last while......after i said all i need is one. Blam

My custom built 243 by don fraley at advanced weapons technology.

My black stocked 223 that i traded of my sbh bisley hunter for.... O

My 35 remington i picked up at a sale last weekend.

Before cleanup......

After removing years of camo duct tape.......

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KYODE,

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
I have got NO load work done for any of them Slap_Forehead nuts

I will not buy any more....unless someone makes me..... Like they did on the 35 rem. I had NO choice ohboy

......and i dont love my TCs one tiny bit less Troll

------------------------

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm a Remington rifle fanatic so I've wanted a XP for years but haven't pulled the trigger for one yet. I know how the addiction goes. I had one contender frame and two barrels for 25 years then two years ago I got a 22 Hornet barrel and started groundhog hunting with a pistol. Now I have 2 frames and 14 barrels and just have to have one of the new SSK-50 frames.

Posts: 337 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
In an effort to help out a fellow member I am willing to let you send me your choice of the two extra XP-100s you have. Rest assured they will be given a good home Smile Big Grin Smile

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
I appreciate.....but ill struggle thru laugh

In case anyone needs to know how to get aged duct tape/glue off.....
Acetone is your best friend.

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYODE:
I will not buy any more....unless someone makes me..... Like they did on the 35 rem. I had NO choice ohboy

Loving it!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wd 40 also works well for the stuff

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the honors of shooting the 243 Advanced Weapons Technology build. Talk about a sweet gun! That’s when I started realizing I need a bolt pistol. Big Grin
.....yes I said “need”

Also got to shoot the 223.... I’m privileged Cool

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 625 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have got NO load work done for any of them

If you're gonna deer hunt w/ one this year, 'ya better hurry! thumbup
I bought my first XP 25 years ago for prairie dog hunting, but continued to use my Contenders and a Striker for deer hunting until about 5 years ago when I bought an XP in 7-08 .....I've been using the XP's (yes, that is pleural) ever since. Big Grin You will survive. Big Grin

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

Acetone is some pretty wicked stuff. I'm surprised it didn't melt the zytel stock.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
I kinnda had a bit of concern on that also. Did some google searching and decided to go. At worst, i would have had to bought another take off and theh are usually cheap. It did fine.

------------------------

Join the NRA

posted Hide Post
That plastic must be tougher and made from better material than I thought.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Those are very nice SP’s
My 223 Varmint Special XP loves XBR 8208 and the 53 V-max because they have a 12 twist.You have got all the bases covered with those chamberings.Varmints to Elk are gonna be in big trouble,enjoy the addition Big Grin
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 635 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
Kyode they are addictive.

Until I started thinning the herd I had four center grip XP's....I'm down to one now chambered in 7mmBR.

Vietnam veteran.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
IHMSA # 48226.

Posts: 558 | Location: Central Okla. | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Traded off the old redfield 2-6 and put on this nikon 2.5-8. Hope it goes the long haul. Ill be shooting this thing before you know it. Slap_Forehead

------------------------

Join the NRA

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun!!

I’ll buy it right now for what you have in it. Big Grin

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales

Posts: 625 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
I bet you wont. munch Dead Horse

------------------------

Join the NRA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Olrustyencore:
I’ve had the honors of shooting the 243 Advanced Weapons Technology build. Talk about a sweet gun! That’s when I started realizing I need a bolt pistol. Big Grin
.....yes I said “need”

If it doesn't have to be an XP, there's a striker in .243 win. that needs to do more than just sit in my safe...lets talk.

Posts: 572 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gman628:
quote:
Originally posted by Olrustyencore:
.....yes I said “need”

If it doesn't have to be an XP, there's a striker in .243 win. that needs to do more than just sit in my safe...lets talk.

I’d love too but I’m in knee deep in a contender build. Just bought a victory pistol and volquartsenized it. Sent some wood to bullberry to have a grip and forearm made. Not to mention my 3 vacations this year... I could keep going but I’m trying not to think about it. I’m financially embarrassed at the moment. scratch head

Rusty
—————————
Josey Wales

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
I know your pain very well. But, it's a wonderful pain. I have three myself. A 6BR, 7BR, and a Bayside 30BR. Guess I am going to have to locate a 35 Rem.

Mike

------------------------------
Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I can relate, I keep telling myself I dont need a second 7BR, havent even shot the first but a local has one for sale at a very, very good price. Keep looking to see if it has sold and it is still there. The angel says you dont need to, the devil says go get it.

Posts: 125 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
devil laugh

------------------------

Join the NRA