Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

all these mcmillans!!!! Login/Join 

Picture of nmhunter
posted
with all of the Mcmillans being ordered,shipped,bought. lets shout out to all of our favorite smiths here on SP. they may be getting really busy very soon with builds. pics of builds. I will start it with Apache 308 (steve roe)80& blk & 20& yellow

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nmhunter,

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Ridge Runner Customs (Jeremy England) building a 20 Vartarg and 6.5 Creedmoor. No pics yet but hopefully in a few months.
Stock pic is 50% Olive, 30% Medium Gray, 20% Black
Link to how I chose the colors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Would you mind editing or updating the thread with the color and percentage for each of the stocks?

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you mind editing or updating the thread with the color and percentage for each of the stocks?

Done

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
The pile is growing.... SOLD

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Total is 71 stocks so far as of today.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for updating with the color combinations, that information is very helpful adn interesting to me.

I used the same link Nitemann posted to pick my colors, but I wasn't sure how their pictures would translate to a pistol stock.

quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
Total is 71 stocks so far as of today.

I've said it before, but thanks again Ernie for putting this together.

I am hoping to get my hands on the first 2 I ordered ...... because I might want to add a third before the group buy closes.

I have never handled these stocks so I want to get one in hand before I make an even larger commitment.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
72!

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Nine Run Guns (Michael Delaoch) should be getting my .284 tomorrow..... he does fanfreakintastic work! Can't post pics (I'm dumb)

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Mike did a 6.5 x 284 for me. Shoots and looks great.
Derek >>>------->

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mikes got my 6 XC now working on. I order 2 Stocks that came in
Mike will get both 28 Nosler and a 22 Hornet XP

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Here's a NRG

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Tom, that turned out nice. What are the percentages on your stock? I ordered 70- blk & 30 org, just wondering how close it might be to yours.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Very close all mine are 80%\20%

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome!! Congrats.

Ernie, have you gotten any word on next deliveries?
Thanks Derek

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I should get more the middle to end of this week.
I have no idea on how many though or who they will go to.
Package is 8 pounds. That's all I know.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
happy Pick Me! Can't wait to see the next group photo. There needs to be an album on here somewhere with all of the stocks and the finished products in it as the are complete.
TOM, what caliber and how long ya goin' to keep this one? Big Grin

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
No tellin Mike. Already talking to Steve on the next one, it will be a surprise skull
Nmhunter

posted Hide Post
I received mine yesterday.
Now I have to decide what cartridge.

Thanks Ernie.

Mark

Posts: 301 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Latest McMillan build, 2 more to go, one stock ready and other one on the way thumbup
This is an Apache Machine work of perfection

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nmhunter:
Latest McMillan build, 2 more to go, one stock ready and other one on the way thumbup
This is an Apache Machine work of perfection

Nmhunter .... What are the the colors and % of that stock pictured. I really like that.

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
That is their "woodland spectre " pattern greens and tans not sure what the % are.

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Tom, I tried to get Steve to send your new build here since it would be only half of the shipping and I would break it in and then ship to you in the fall when you start coming out of the AC to do some shooting. Big Grin
I talked with him for some time today about another build.
Mike
Very nice. I'm thinking something like that in a .243 with the barrel contour of the HS Pistols with break and my new McMillan stock when I arrives.

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nmhunter:
That is their "woodland spectre " pattern greens and tans not sure what the % are.

Thanks! I like that look.

-Freeze

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
That would be a good choice, actor not :::::

I am going to have to get out and shoot some now. Thx for the offer to break it in though, I don't want youn to hurt your hand , this new one is a barn burner hammer (6 creedmoor) will be a pussycat to shoot.
Tom[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Mclark's stock info,

60% med tan 20% med brown 10% black 10% white

posted Hide Post
The colors came out just what I was looking for. I wanted a Desert Camo effect and I think we got it.
Nitemann, thanks for posting

M

Posts: 301 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great selection. I'm about to send Ernie my order for the same pallette choice based on how yours came out. It should work up here in Wyo.

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Latest one
80%dark grey & 20%dark blue

posted Hide Post
With my interest in the stock colors it is only right that I provide a picture.

This is not really a build as I have a factory 7BR set in this McMillian stock.

Stock colors are 60% Woodland Beige / 30% Black / 10% Light Gray.

-Freeze

posted Hide Post
I'll breath a little life back into this old thread.

I had posted a pic of this stock earlier, but it has been repurposed for my first custom build.

Stock is from Ernie's Center grip group buy ... 60% Woodland Beige / 30% Black / 10% Light Gray
XP-100 action, purchased from another member of this forum, expertly bedded to the stock
Barrel is 6mm Brux #5 contour, 1:8 twist ... cut to 15.5" and threaded
Chambered to 6mm Creedmoor
Brake is a Harrell 4 port
Action and barrel Cerekoted "Graphite Black"
EGW 4 hole 20 MOA base
Burris Signature Rings
Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 x 42mm

And finally, to give credit where due ... all work was done by Chris at Bayside Custom Gun Works.

-Freeze

posted Hide Post
Freeze, That turned out real nice. Thanks for the detailed build list including the percentages of color on the stock.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!
Will we see this gun at WyShot?
Derek >>>-------->

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Very Nice!
Will we see this gun at WyShot?
Derek >>>-------->

Yes, this gun will be with me at WY-SHOT.

-Freeze

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see it in person and meet you as well.
Derek >>>---------->

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
$350 gift card to anyone shooting a BCG rig at wyshot or moa that places in the top 5

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Can't wait to see it in person and meet you as well.
Derek >>>---------->

That feeling is mutual Derek.
I am looking forward to putting faces to these names.

Totally off topic, but is that a Pudelpointer hanging over your shoulder in your avatar? (Pic is really too small for me to tell?

-Freeze

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
$350 gift card to anyone shooting a BCG rig at wyshot or moa that places in the top 5

An opportunity like that really makes me wish I could shoot!

-Freeze

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
@ Freeze,
You have a good eye!! YES. That is Arrow. He is my hunting partner and crazy pheasant dog. Do you have one as well? Rarely see them anywhere.
Derek >>>-------->

posted Hide Post
I don't have one, I'm a Drahthaar man myself, but I train with several in my NAVHDA chapter, and have hunted over a couple.
They are nice dogs ... Lots of natural talent, smart and eager to please; making them pretty easy to train.

-Freeze

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Awesome. We love him. Great family dog and never stops in the field. We have a black female on order. But it is a 2-1/2 year wait. This will be perfect as mine just turned three. So he will be about six when the pup is ready to hit the field.
Always a big fan of having an older dog assist in the training.
We belong to the central valley NAVHDA chapter here in CA.
Derek >>>---------->