Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 BR Iron Master XP Login/Join 

posted
I just purchased a bright yellow 270 BR XP with Iron Master on each side of the stock. This gun came from a dealer in Simi Valley, CA and was on consignment by a widow. I would like to know more information about this gun and am hoping one of her husband's shooting friend may see this post and would contact me.
If anyone here may know anyone with info please feel free to pass on my email address. Wanted to post picture but couldn't figure that out.
Thanks for looking
Lynn Shultz shultza@watchtv.net

Posts: 60 | Location: DeGraff, Ohio | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Lynn,
If you send me a picture I will post it for you. That way maybe someone will recognize it
Derek

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Derek,
PM sent with picture attached.
Thanks,
Lynn

Posts: 60 | Location: DeGraff, Ohio | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Posting pic for 94Miata
Derek

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Derek

posted Hide Post
I saw that gun on a gun auction website two days ago. Small world one could say.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Peter, Same gun.
I hope you were not one of the people I overbid.
Friend on the IHMSA forum thinks this may be a gun built by Iron Sight Gun Works years ago and the name on the stock may have been the model they offered. Sure hope I can get more history on this gun.
Lynn

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I saw it on gunbroker also and wanted to bid badly, but finances prevented it. Nice find on it, it's a good looking SP!

Chris

Posts: 708 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Got the gun today and the picture does not do the gun justice.
All bluing and stainless are highly polished.
Nice light Remy trigger.
Is truly a 7 BR just necked down for .277 bullets so load data should almost be the same.
H-S stock is one of the older ones with a larger grip. Feels great.
Bore looks perfect.
I really got lucky on this XP.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94Miata:
Peter, Same gun.
I hope you were not one of the people I overbid.
Friend on the IHMSA forum thinks this may be a gun built by Iron Sight Gun Works years ago and the name on the stock may have been the model they offered. Sure hope I can get more history on this gun.
Lynn

No, I was not biding on it. Just perusing the XP offerings with want and lust.

Do you plan on using it to shoot IHMSA ?

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Peter, Yep, IHMSA is my one and only shooting sport.
AM VP of local handgun club and our last match of the year is this Saturday but weather does not look good to try out my new XP.
Have loaded some 130 grain bullets for first three animals then some 140s for rams. Just bore sighted using my laser sighter but hope that gets me on the chickens. Can wing it from there.
You are our northern neighbor, look up the Logan Handgun Association in Bellefontaine, OH and come join us next year.
Send me your home email address and I will send you a flyer for next year and get you on our match report mailing list.
Come to one of our matches and I will let you shoot the 270 XP.
shultza@watchtv.net

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Miata,
I don't know if you are interested. But I have 7 IHMSA brass and dies. Pay for shipping and they are yours.
Derek

posted Hide Post
Derek, Yes I am interested in the brass and dies.
I have sent you a message to you home email address.
Thanks for the very generous offer.
Lynn

posted Hide Post
Maybe a little OT BUT, I built myself a 6.8 SPC rifle on a Savage action. Lots of info for that round on AR actions. Not so much on bolt guns so I built it. Turned out to be another bug hole maker.
Then, I got to thinking, the 30 BR was the HOT ITEM for a while so why not build a 6.8 BR? Made up a dummy round, shipped it off to PT&G and had a reamer cut. Come to find out it was a FIRST 6.8 BR reamer at PT&G.
Didn't want to spend BIG $$$ on a barrel and not like the chambering, so I got turned onto .270 blanks for sale. Two listed for sale but I was only able to snag one. ($125.00) Shipped it off, had it chambered and threaded for my Savage action. Spun in on and headed to the range. Another bug hole maker that is a pleasure to shoot. Big issue on the 6.8 SPC forum about the lack of .270 bullets?
Got a poster that shows a BUNCH of different weight bullets so availability isn't an issue.

Posts: 385 | Location: Northern California | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check out Graf and Sons for .277 bullets. They have some good prices on Speer bullets. Also have some pulled Federal Fusion bullets for a real good price. At least cheaper bullets to feed your new build. Savages seem to shoot every cartridge well. My main IHMSA gun is a Savage Striker in 260 Remington. It never misses a target but I sometimes do. Sounds like you have a keeper there with you 6.8 BR Savage.

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Saw that one on the auction and really wanted to bid on it, but just have too many now. With actions bringing $500 and that stock selling used for $400, that is sure a great deal. Enjoy it!!

Posts: 913 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post