Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker 516 Trigger update. Login/Join 

posted
My Striker came with a 4.3 lb trigger. Replaced the wire that supports the sear return with a fine piano wire, dropped to 2.8, than I cleaned all trigger parts
in a Hornady sonic cleaner, polished dry parts re -assembled and now it is 2.1
lbs. No creep, smooth, but still too high.

Sure would like to buy one like a Jewel.

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: January 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I could not get mine below 3 pounds and still be safe. The adjustment screws took a bit to figure out which one did what, but after I did I set the trigger to about 2 pounds. I was happy until I tried to quickly close the bolt and the striker fell. A bit more engagement made it safe even hitting the receiver with a plastic mallet wouldn't set it off. I'm happy with 3 pounds and a small bit of creep on mine as a hunting rig but a nicer trigger would be welcome. Too bad Savage quit making these as I don't see much of a demand for aftermarket triggers.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you haven't replaced the factory wire on the trigger with piano wire it might
be worth your time. I have some and will send a piece to you at no cost if you want to try it.

Posts: 36 | Location: United States | Registered: January 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post