Specialty Pistols
Scope base for Striker?

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/6270015186

January 24, 2016, 11:11 PM
BT
Scope base for Striker?
I decided to make a change and went from 3 Leupold split rings to 2 Burris Zee rings. Upon attaching the rings, I discovered the cross bolts and the slot in my existing Weaver type rail were a bad match. The slots in the rail are too wide, thinking I need a picatinny style. What base would you guys recommend? I want to stay with the Burris rings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BT,

----------------------------------------

January 25, 2016, 09:20 AM
Magnum Mike
You can peel open one leg of the burris rings but, personally, I would get a steel base if your using steel rings. I've had entirely too much trouble putting aluminum and steel together...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

January 25, 2016, 10:57 AM
Leupold Man
I agree with Mike I have had trouble mixing metals. I would have a steel base made. It won't cost much and you will have better results.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
January 25, 2016, 11:29 AM
BT
The rings go onto my existing base just fine. It's the slots in the base that are too wide. The rings have a sloppy fit as the crossbolt is much smaller than the base slot. I agree, a steel base is the way to go. Just was looking for suggestions as to particular models and brands.

----------------------------------------

January 25, 2016, 11:51 AM
Ed Carey
I have an EGW 20moa base on my Striker, works good with the Burris rings I have

Ed
January 25, 2016, 01:34 PM
big10
Just push the rings up against the front of the slots, the recoil of the gun will not let them move backwards.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)
January 25, 2016, 03:20 PM
Sawfish
Get a Warne Steel Base and Warne High Maxima Rings. Rock solid!

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling
January 25, 2016, 03:51 PM
Magnum Mike
quote:
Originally posted by big10:
Just push the rings up against the front of the slots, the recoil of the gun will not let them move backwards.
I'd agree with this IF you had a steel base. Those Burris rings WILL rock back and forth on a aluminum base, don't ask me how I know! laugh

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

January 25, 2016, 04:41 PM
Gary T
quote:
I've had entirely too much trouble putting aluminum and steel together...

I've not heard that before (or if I have, I forgot it nuts). I'm curious what type of calibers y'all have had this problem w/? I usually use the Weaver aluminum base for my XP's and Contender's and haven't noticed this problem. Maybe it's more prone w/ "heavy hitters", I've not shot the guns enough or maybe I've just been lucky so far. Confused I'm not doubting you guys on bit, just trying to figure it out. thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.
January 25, 2016, 07:49 PM
blueavenger
scope weight also plays a part. LOL Rifle scopes on 6,5x300wsm