Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt release for XP100 Login/Join 

posted
Trying to find a shop or someone that does the Defiance style bolt release . Any suggestions on who to contact?
Thanks,
Jim W.

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not sure what style mine is called but Chris at bayside did mine. There’s a little plunger that sticks down through stock that you push. Works great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rooterpig,

Posts: 467 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris at Bayside Custom Gunworks can do several different kinds including the Defiance I'm sure. I chose the plunger under the rear of the stock for mine too.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Plunger under the stock will be cheaper and works great

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plunger under the stock will be cheaper and works great

And with a little modification to the factory stop it actually will allow a longer OAL cartridge to be ejected.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks I have the what I call the Sinclair bolt stop I believe that's considered the plunger.

Posts: 14 | Location: Deltaville | Registered: October 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks I have the what I call the Sinclair bolt stop I believe that's considered the plunger type.

posted Hide Post
Didn't Aaron have a few of those push buttons he was selling?

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jon ,Anyway to contact I have found a few shops that do this release for 700's but they don't do XP's .I have a Sinclair type but I just had Jim Rockwell turn a piece of Claro walnut for a rear grip and I'm giving this action a new make over. Any insight would be appreciated.
Jim W

posted Hide Post
Jim,

I hope I wasn't misleading on my post. The push buttons Aaron had were the ones on the bottom of the stock not the ones that required a milled slot or hole in the left side of the receiver. Aarons didn't require and alteration to the receiver. Aarons email addy is in his profile, his screen name is rickiesrevenge. Don't be afraid to email him he;s a good guy.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jon ,
Thanks I'm looking for the one that you mill the receiver. I will try to contact him .
Thanks,
Jim W

posted Hide Post
PTG sells a nosler/lawton style one that goes on the receiver. Looks a lot cleaner than the sinclair one. I like the one thats a button in the stock too. Cheap, clean, and super easy.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Darn tinypic deleted the pics but here is a thread on making the push buttons.

Maybe freezwe will re
post the pics.

https://specialtypistols.infop...680074986#8680074986

Jon