Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New .284 XP100 (update with chrono results) Login/Join 

posted
Several months ago I decided to have a new XP100 built for my upcoming elk hunt in Wyoming. I had decided on a .284 I remember Ernie mentioning Mike Deloach of Nine Run Gun in Screven Ga. Well being that's only about 30 minutes from my house and with Ernie's good words I called and made an appointment to carry my stuff over to him. As soon as I got there and started talking to Mike I know I had come to the right place. He got a build sheet out and we went about the details. I told him my ideas and he added a couple things I hadn't even thought about. Well I got the call yesterday afternoon to come get it at 9 this morning. Mike ask me to bring my scope and a few loaded rounds for testing. I arrived at 9 o'clock and went into the shop. Let me just say that as soon as I saw it I knew I had done the right thing with having Mike build this gun. It was absolutely beautiful. Here are the specs along with a pic of gun and some test targets.
Rem XP100 action
Brux 17" 1-8.5 twist barrel
Ross brake
EGW 20 MOA base
Leupold rings (for weight reduction)
Burris 3x12 BP reticle pistol scope
Defiance bolt release
Brown Precision stock (painted OD green with black webbing by Mike)

This is my first group after break in. It started pouring right after I shot it. This is 5 shots at 100 yards with 160gr Accubonds H4350 powder 52grs.

This is also 5 shoots. (Told you I went to the right place)

This was last group. Not sure which hole is the double. I will chrono these loads as soon as I get back out.

If you are thinking about a build I would highly recommend Mike. His turn around time is 3-4 months. Give him a call.
Also here is a pic of the bolt release. (Looks SS but it is cerakoted)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga sixgunner,

Posts: 950 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice looking XP and boy does it shoot! Elk beware!

Posts: 1014 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice !!!!!!!!!
Should cause an elk some major pain!!!

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks sir, enjoyed building for you!!
Coming next up is Mr Fishers yellow bench XP 6.5x47
And MR Sonnys XP switch barrel .284 & .25-06AI

Posts: 8 | Location: Swamps of south GA | Registered: June 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing them.

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great work, and great shooting thumbup
What's not to like about that!
-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking XP!! And what a shooter!! You're going to love the 284 performance on game too.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3518 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I'll go as far as to say Michael's rifles/sp builds are the best or equal to the best out there right now.

I have seen him work in person and seen many of his builds.

If you want him to build one get it in quick....the guys getting swamped quick.

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Michael does excellent work.
He reminds me of Gregg Tannel

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12188 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Yep Mike is tops! He recently finished a 6 dasher build for me that is as close to perfect as any man can get! Good to see you on board Ninerun!!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats a nice shooting pistol. Looks good too.

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting ! He did a great job on that build. I am anxious to get all the parts to him for my build.

Posts: 949 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats Ga Sixgunner and Mike! Big Grin Looks like y'all both "done good." thumbup Looking forward to hearing about load development and any hunts!

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin' pistol and a shooter to boot. Sweet!

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats great looking XP, and a shooter!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SlimL
posted Hide Post
Very Nice. 7 MM has such great potential. Thinking about one for the next build. Time to get back into it.

"At The Level We Play At, Nothing's Cheap"
"It Ain't Got To Be Fancy To Shoot Long Range"
"So Many Powders & So Little Time"
"An Attack on One of Us is An Attack on Us All. Support Black Rifles & the 50 Cal"

Posts: 2969 | Location: Randle, WA, USA | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Be sure and share your chrono results when you get a chance. I'm curious as to your velocities.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
With 54.5grs of H4350 powder and 160gr Nosler Accubonds average 2867fps
With 55.0grs of Hybrid powder and 140 Nosler BT average 2975fps.
Gotta love those fast Brux barrels. This is with about 80 rounds down the barrel, don't know if it will pick up a little after a few more rounds or not.

Posts: 950 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's moving along pretty fast for that 284.

Nice gun.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1593 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for mine!! Should be done soon happy Hi

SemperFi

Sonny

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 816 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I mean, I guess it's ok...if aesthetics, speed and accuracy are your things
Razz

Looks awesome GA6! Congrats!

Posts: 606 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post