Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone doing trigger job on Savage Striker Login/Join 

posted
I have heard that it is hard to do a trigger job on Savage Striker, is that the truth? If not, do you know anyone that does trigger jobs on Savage Striker pistols?

Thanks!

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
If your model doesn’t already have a 4 detent trigger adjustment screw, you can get a replacement one through Numrich. These do work well lightening the pull. There’s not much else that can be done. Trigger adjust screw here

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1826 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skydivinghunter:
I have heard that it is hard to do a trigger job on Savage Striker, is that the truth? If not, do you know anyone that does trigger jobs on Savage Striker pistols?

Thanks!

They don’t go super light without some serious modification or deactivation of the safety.

2.5lbs is doable and keeps the safety working and no major modification.

Posts: 3992 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skydivinghunter:

Thanks!

don't do it..i had a gunsmith ruin one and had to end up selling it.

Posts: 1149 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You may not want to,but you can go to a rear grip and use a rifle trigger.Maybe a model 10 or 110?

Posts: 97 | Location: upper east tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ole95
posted Hide Post
If your trigger is the one with a roller your in luck. Polish all pins and the roller. Grind and file the stock sothe trigger or linkage bars do not rub on the stock . Adjust the take up to act like a 2 stage trigger don't worry about lite work on smooth and crisp . With the roller not touching until you start pulling the trigger(two stage) you can normally lighten the spring and adjust the engagement a little more alway test for bump fires as long as its smooth you can learn to deal with the 3 pound plus pull. If the trigger is one of the hinge set ups they are mush you can help them but still a little mushy
I've got 3strikers all with roller triggers and I have learn to like them. I had two more that had mush triggers they no longer live at my house
Strikers were made for do it your selfers
If your use to shooting jewel triggers you probably will never like Strker triggers. I probably didn't answer your question but I did increase my post count

Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
------------------------------
shoot like your life depends on it

Posts: 532 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just converted mine to an rear trigger and installed an ELF trigger. My Accurate Rifle Systems stock is on the way. The ELF trigger is nice.

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas  | Registered: June 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ole95:
If your trigger is the one with a roller your in luck. Polish all pins and the roller. Grind and file the stock sothe trigger or linkage bars do not rub on the stock . Adjust the take up to act like a 2 stage trigger don't worry about lite work on smooth and crisp . With the roller not touching until you start pulling the trigger(two stage) you can normally lighten the spring and adjust the engagement a little more alway test for bump fires as long as its smooth you can learn to deal with the 3 pound plus pull.

Very important! In the rush to long range, many shooters neglect/ignore the fact that the Striker was designed with a two stage pull. This is an important safety feature of the Striker.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sawfish,

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3508 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post