Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP range trip Login/Join 

posted
Working up new load for my 1/2 size silhouette critter gun.

Posts: 2061 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Jay can you give us some details on that pistol? Thanks

Jon

Posts: 1603 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rig. Can you give any details on the scope mount. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Cold bore shot go in a little high? furious

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I bought XP used. Gun smith was local guy Neil Waltz. He made the scope base
and a Bomar rear sight can be mounted on the front of the scope base. I had Leupold quick release rings on it and the idea was I could shoot scopes and unlimited 1/2 size with it. Barrel is 14 inches 1-12 T and chambered in 6 BR tight .260 (will have to check)
Stock is Lee Six that a friend highly customized and painted. Fits my hand like a glove and that’s why I bought it. Smile will have to take a picture in the sun so you can see the metal flake.

Posts: 2061 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pushing the limit on the "paddle"flare, even in unlimited. Though I doubt anyone would say anything today, twenty years ago I bet it would not make it to the line to shoot for score.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3023 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What is paddle flare?

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Look at the grip,where there is a wide spot that "could" rest on your hip. Looks like a paddle holster.
There are lots of thoughts and input on "artificial" rest.
I have seen and still see lots of leg guards with a wrinkle, which in turn creates a ledge for the barrel to rest on.

I called a revolver shooter on it some time back,got tired of his bragging really. Cut his hits in half, a big dose of reality.

Jay and I have been friends for a long time. I would hate to see a rig get DQ'd at a big match.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsh,

Posts: 3023 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
Looks cool though. Is he going to offer the base to the public or just a one off?

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice I need to get one.

Posts: 35 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: December 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I may need to reword what I saw, I said it looked like a paddle.
Looked at it again, looks like either a hogs nose or a pigs ear laugh Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I have seen several Lee 6 stocks but I have never seen one like this. Nice find Jay.

Jon

Posts: 1603 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 44MAG
posted Hide Post
Jay, Put that on the line and take out those 1/2 size critters. I have a pieced together plain XP 7BR 15" barrel Black Diamond Zytel stock and was able to bust down 35 of 40 on my first attempt at the 1/2 size. Talk aboout a rush and the scores will only go up so I don't see any problem with the test group you pictured. Go for it Wink

Posts: 140 | Location: WA | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rig! Was the action and bolt plated or just polished?

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Polished.
Guy that made the stock put on a rubber glove and used
Bondo to form it. Fits my hand like a glove

posted Hide Post
Beautiful rig! It's been a while since I've seen a Lee Six stock - very nice!

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice rig.... Smile

Posts: 54 | Location: 16942 | Registered: December 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice indeed. I wouldn't worry about the grip flare. With all the custom stocks being made for prone guns, yours is nothing to worry about.

Posts: 778 | Location: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post