Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP100 Stock Login/Join 

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted
FYI,I ran across this stockmaker in Warsaw,MO.Believe it`s either the old Fajen or Bishop company,but they have XP center grip stocks,looks like a close copy of the HS stock,made from walnut for $100..Ordered one this morning..Had them in stock..

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
http://www.shop.macongunstocks...7745-1428693994.jpeg

Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
http://www.shop.macongunstocks...on-XP100-Example.htm

I am curious as to how much fitting is required. Nice lookin' stock.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ive looked at them before. Only thing I've ever heard from them though is their reviews seem to be hit or miss.

Posts: 126 | Location: missouri | Registered: June 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Price seems good!!! Let us know how you like it.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Cayle,

Scot (Paperpuncher) got one and seems to like it. maybe he'll chime in.

Link to XP stock story

Rick

Posts: 3545 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Cayle you know we will be waiting for pictures from start to finish.

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
They offer it in left hand?

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3514 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I got one last year....this was my first ever attempt. You'll have to some sanding
and there is some inlet to do to get a proper fit. I did bed the action, also first time ever doing this. I enjoyed the whole experience.... And can consistently shoot quarter groups or better at 100 yards......something about doing a project and seeing the end results. I did make a few mistake but that's how we learn and as you stated for $100 you can built a nice stock, in my opinion. It does resemble a HS stock. Let us know your thoughts......i did use inletting ink which helped me see the high spots. Have fun.

Scott

Posts: 558 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
got the stock 2 days ago..now this is one of the roughest semi finished stocks I have ever got.And there is no provisions for the rear action screw.It`s not a problem for me as I`ve got the lathe and mill,for the novice it will be a problem.About 3/4 up the forend it looks like they glued a lighter piece of wood on,as it`s a straight line all the way across forend,from light wood to dark.So `ill be starting on it in a day or so..Maybe that's why they call it an XP sample stock.. ohboy

Cayle