Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues with Jeremy England - RidgeRunner Guns Login/Join 

Picture of TXBRASS
posted
This is copied and pasted from something I typed on Facebook where 5 guys had to take legal action to get their guns (or parts of them) back from Jeremy England. If anyone has a gun with him and he will not respond to a text or email for months now, please contact the Russell County District Attorney Kevin Shearer at 270-343-2121 to file a complaint. 5+ have already been filed.

QUOTE:

I do know that one of the guns was missing an entire bolt and another had the bolt body but all internal parts of the bolt were stripped and missing. If anyone else is dealing with this same "gunsmith" (which is Jeremy England at Ridge Runner Gunworks in Kentucky) and you have not received your gun back or been able to get a reply, please contact me and I will provide you with the contact information needed to proceed forward. I did not want to have to make this public information because I once trusted Jeremy and thought he had just hit some hard times. The events that have unfolded within the last two weeks have opened my eyes and made it more than obvious that lies, deceit, and now possible theft have been occurring for quite some time. It not only hurts my heart, because I thought I knew someone, but it infuriates me that he would treat someone else's property in the manner that he has, and then continually lie and cover up the actual actions and truth. I feel really crappy this morning, but am getting angry because I was also lied to numerous times. I am doing all that I can to assist everyone in getting back their guns and parts so they can get out of the mess that he has created. May justice be served and I wish all of the victims of this the absolute best outcome possible.

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not good....

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's really sad! Thanks for the info!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I was one of the ones who had a build in this. I wish it wouldn't of come to having to file a complaint with the DA but we were getting no where with the chief of police. That being said I was one of the more fortunate ones. I was assured my gun was completely finished. I got it back today and it is untouched. I also received my payment in full so as of today i'm only out a year of my time.

Rick

Posts: 3529 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Lying and stealing.....awesome censored

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leupold Man:
That's really sad! Thanks for the info!!!!
+1

VERY sad...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19875 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
I was one of the ones who had a build in this. I wish it wouldn't of come to having to file a complaint with the DA but we were getting no where with the chief of police. That being said I was one of the more fortunate ones. I was assured my gun was completely finished. I got it back today and it is untouched. I also received my payment in full so as of today i'm only out a year of my time.

Rick

Really good to hear the got your gun and $$$ back!!!

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was one of the ones who had a build in this. I wish it wouldn't of come to having to file a complaint with the DA but we were getting no where with the chief of police. That being said I was one of the more fortunate ones. I was assured my gun was completely finished. I got it back today and it is untouched. I also received my payment in full so as of today i'm only out a year of my time.Rick

Rick, Glad you came out of this without too much harm, from what's being said on FB you're better off that he never started on it. Wish everyone involved all the best.

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wow...this caught me off guard. Thanks for the info Cody or I and I'm sure a lot of others would have not know this was happening, as I for one don't FB and would have never seen this. Rick,good to hear you got your stuff and money back.

Scott

Posts: 557 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
I am one of the unfortunate ones, sent him two xp's and all of the parts,one 223 one 300wsm.after over a year of being lied to and many excuses I have finally received back the 223 that he put a barrel and brake on and ceracoated. barrel not stamped and all of the guts missing out of the bolt and no trigger.as for the 300wsm who knows. xp action, HS stock, mcgoughen barrel,holland radial brake,ptg fluted bolt,lawton bolt release,other small parts. hope he has them somewhere. really angry

Posts: 43 | Location: the not so wonderful state of Ca. | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Taxy man I have a center grip trigger if that would help . I read you are missing other parts also cant help out there but you can have the trigger .

Posts: 107 | Location: Western Il | Registered: June 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I posted on the FB thread.

For all the guys/gals who got screwed.

I will evaluate, test fire, properly Mark, and give an estimate (if needed) to fix these guns.

I do have a bunch of factory parts laying around. I’ll help you money wise where I can.

I will not let some a hole make the gunsmith community look bad.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taxy-man:
I am one of the unfortunate ones, sent him two xp's and all of the parts,one 223 one 300wsm.after over a year of being lied to and many excuses I have finally received back the 223 that he put a barrel and brake on and ceracoated. barrel not stamped and all of the guts missing out of the bolt and no trigger.as for the 300wsm who knows. xp action, HS stock, mcgoughen barrel,holland radial brake,ptg fluted bolt,lawton bolt release,other small parts. hope he has them somewhere. really angry

If you are missing an action you need to contact ATF.

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are missing an action you need to contact ATF.

I would have to agree, hopefully he's still shipping stuff but if he doesn't have your missing action plus the parts then they need to be notified and charges filed. I still can't believe Jeremy would treat people this way, specially in his line of work.
Hope that guns and missing parts keeps showing up for everyone involved. Take Chris up on his offer, his work is excellent.

Glenn

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Downtown
posted Hide Post
The part that gets me is that he brought this all on himself.
When he tried to pass himself off as a military trained sniper, but guys were saying how he couldn't shoot. That was a red flag for me. When real gunsmiths offered him help and advice, but he wouldn't accept their help. That was another.
I saw a crown on one of his jobs that was so bad I can't even discribe it. It was almost as if he chucked a stone up in a dremel tool and went to town on it.
The fact that he's a cop makes it worse.
He could have been honest and said he was a U tube Smith, but he didn't.
He made his bed. I feel sorry for his wife and son because he may very well end up in jail when this is all said and done.

Steve

Open your heart, Do everything for the glory of God

Posts: 4179 | Location: Michigan..... Michigan Pistol Hunters on Facebook  | Registered: December 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I noticed that a statement was made that the Chief of Police was no help and I saw he was a police officer. Don't ask how I know but there is an unwritten code that they extend each other a "professional courtesy" maybe that's why he wouldn't help.
Handi204

Posts: 229 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed that a statement was made that the Chief of Police was no help and I saw he was a police officer. Don't ask how I know but there is an unwritten code that they extend each other a "professional courtesy" maybe that's why he wouldn't help.Handi204

That's why we contacted the chief of police first. Hoping he would nudge Jeremy along to do the right thing without taking legal action and no one knowing. He talked to Jeremy but nothing was done. When we contacted the DA he took it seriously and things started to move. Blazerman also is in this and may add his 2 cents.

Rick

Posts: 3529 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chris and 280ai for your offers, I would also like to thank all of the guy's involved in trying to get our guns and parts back. this is truly an outstanding group of shooters and gunsmiths.

Posts: 43 | Location: the not so wonderful state of Ca. | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
UPDATE. have a tracking number for a 12lb package happy

posted Hide Post
I'd like to apologize for not relating publicly my difficulties with this individual from 2+ years ago. Perhaps much of the grief described in this thread could have been avoided. I naively brushed off my problems as too minor in nature and believed the lies, both during and after doing business with him.

Next time, I'll whine long & louder!

Posts: 296 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Bad thing about a single complaint....to some....YOU will seem to be the bad guy.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That was a major consideration for me.

Posts: 296 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Finally got my parts back
Sending the one that was haphazardly
Put together to Chris to test and fix.

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
all of my parts except Holland radial brake and trigger have been returned. happy

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
First one is in for repairs.

Rustoleum grill paint for a finish

Chamber.....well it has some nice rings

Was never test fired since there is so much paint that the bolt doesn’t fit.

More to come

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention even though I did get everything back Jeremy needs to take a lesson in packing. Luckily it made it to AZ and the barrel blank is 24" long so 9" of muzzle end will be removed so any imperfections will not be an issue on the finished build.

Rick

posted Hide Post
Rick that barrel peeking out brings back nightmares. One of the local guys (6 BR) on here received his completed high dollar XP back from a very well known builder to everyone on here. Yep the barrel was peeking out of the corner of the box just like yours.

Jon

Posts: 1605 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Rick that barrel peeking out brings back nightmares. One of the local guys (6 BR) on here received his completed high dollar XP back from a very well known builder to everyone on here. Yep the barrel was peeking out of the corner of the box just like yours.

Jon

Not that I think Chris would do a bad job of packing a gun for shipping but (things happen)the thought of this is why I'm glad he offers and I chose the Plano case for return shipping.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
quote:

Jon

Not that I think Chris would do a bad job of packing a gun for shipping but (things happen)the thought of this is why I'm glad he offers and I chose the Plano case for return shipping.

The hard cases are defiantly the way to go when your shipping 2k worth of stuff.

No matter how good you are at packing the shippers are hard on stuff

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
quote:

Jon

The hard cases are defiantly the way to go when your shipping 2k worth of stuff.

No matter how good you are at packing the shippers are hard on stuff

thumbup

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Bayside shipping! thumbup thumbup

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Fixing this JE 338 fed.

Nice bolt stop cut.....and weld

Just blasted off the grill paint he used to get a good look at the work... crackhead

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hoggin,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgp:
Bayside shipping! thumbup thumbup

Nice!!

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of taxy-man
posted Hide Post
Another update finally received a trigger a couple days ago then today I get an update from Mike who is building my 300wsm and checking out my 223 that Jeremy put together, that the barrel is junk. some of Jeremy's quality machine work. cost me a Holland brake a barrel, shipping, almost two years,and one big headache but I'm done with him. I now have a true artist and smith working on my XP'S

posted Hide Post
He cost me an action so far
But he is replacing (we will see when it gets to
Chris )

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
The replacement action came in.

Besides all the rework for the two customs in the shop everything should be progressing forward now.

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I’ll be making a road trip to HS for the tan stock. Hole opened up off center. Almost nothing left for the screw head to rest on. Rear screw hole opened off center. Screw spacing is now off.