Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My newest XP-100... Login/Join 

posted
15 inch Bartlein heavy varmint barrel in .223, action blueprinted, Burris 3x12 scope, HS Precision stock, cerakoted in Titanium Blue! Smithed by Jon Beanland, of course.

The flyer off to the right should have been a fouling shot after a cleaning, but the other four went into the same hole. My deteriorating skill and a wide variance in seating tension with the virgin Lapua brass kept this gun's performance from its optimum. All @ 100 yards, Berger 52 gr, 24.8 grains of 8208 XBR, Tula primer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bouddha,

Posts: 296 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice thumbup

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Tip for all range shooters; When it's close to a hundred and you're tired & hot...don't carry your range box over a rocky parking lot with the lid securing clasp brushing against your sweaty, tired legs so the cloth in your shorts can snag, open, and spill all that crap you couldn't possibly leave home all over those hot, uncomfortable to stand on rocks while your aching back now has to work double time while you're bent over, in the sun. Trust NO decisions made in those several minutes.

Posts: 296 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Duffy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bouddha:
Tip for all range shooters; When it's close to a hundred and you're tired & hot...don't carry your range box over a rocky parking lot with the lid securing clasp brushing against your sweaty, tired legs so the cloth in your shorts can snag, open, and spill all that crap you couldn't possibly leave home all over those hot, uncomfortable to stand on rocks while your aching back now has to work double time while you're bent over, in the sun. Trust NO decisions made in those several minutes.

Slap_Forehead Slap_Forehead cry That's when anyone within earshot learns new words, even with hearing protection on. laugh Nice shooting though!!! thumbup

------------------------------

A body at rest stays at rest, until the wife shows up.
Ryan

Posts: 4627 | Location: Odessa Wa. | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Good lookin' pistol there, and good shootin' one as well. Nice!

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Great looking XP congrats!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Really like your newest can you tell me if stock is cerakoted to . Thanks Pat

Posts: 84 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry messed that up , meant to say really like your new hand cannon . Is the stock cerakoted to Thanks Pat

Posts: 84 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pat,

Stock is not cerakoted. HS Precision factory finish with their webbing color (in this case blue, factory Rem barrel profile has grey webbing). I originally wanted the burnt bronze ceracote on the bbl & action, but since the stock had blue webbing, Jon suggested blue titanium!

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Looks sweet....and a shooter too!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!

posted Hide Post
Thats a nice looking pistol. What twist is the barrel?

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
1 in 12, I believe. 55s are as long as I'm likely to shoot. Also, this is the first gun of any centerfire chambering (I've loaded 15 chamberings) where there was nothing to clean on the outside of a fired case! They looked new.

The second loading proved much more uniform in seating pressure, also.

posted Hide Post
Look into the 53vmax. Pretty slippery bullet for that class....

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'll do that...was reading about that pill just this morning!

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Beautiful XP and a shooter to boot!! Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3520 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumbup thumbup thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post