Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New striker owner Login/Join 

posted
Just bought a striker in 300wsm with a new shilen stainless steel barrel. It's getting shipped today. Is there anything I should check when I get it and what's the normal cost of a aftermarket wood stock?

Posts: 14 | Location: Missouri | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Usually the trigger needs adjustment.

You can upgrade the trigger with a modified Rifle Basix unit.

As far as aftermarket wood stocks for mid grip, None. Convert to rear grip, use Model 10 rifle stocks.

I have been known to make some mid grip occasionally. I also upgrade the plastic stock for better fit and enhanced function.

Email me for some pics of what's available and possible.

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerer:

... I also upgrade the plastic stock for better fit and enhanced function.

Larry
Tinkerer

I have a mid-grip that Tinkerer modified and it is a huge improvement to the factory mig-grip ergonomics.

If you stay mid-grip I would strongly suggest you at least give his modification a look.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
If you don't have large hands you will likely want to wittle on the handle a bit. I took a lot of material off mine along with grinding finger grooves into it. It made a world of difference.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post