Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 Dakota make over Login/Join 

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted
Hello all,
While I do some pretty interesting and unique jobs for customers. I rarely spend much time on my own guns. I bought a 7 Dakota from a member here and love the gun but didn't care much for the looks. I have a couple red , white and blue guns so I wanted to do an unusual camo that would look good at the range and also work well in the field. This is the first time I have tried this technique and would love to hear/see your opinions. As always I appreciate the views given on this sight.
Derek >>>-------->

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
I like it! Great job!

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 634 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Its sure is purdy nice looking rig.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rig. what bolt are you using? Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks sharp. Is that dipped?

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Wow, you are super talented! My opinion only: I love stock and matching scope. I do not like action/barrel. I swap stocks and barrels and always play musical scope(s). I like that the scope would “live” with stock though. Really cool urban camouflage design.

Brad

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1249 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
very cool

Posts: 559 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
I liked the red/white/blue! laugh laugh flag

SemperFi!

[p.s.] Looks great.

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
COOL
How is it done??

DAN

Posts: 750 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words guys.
I hope that’s a good Wow Ernie

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
Thanks for the kind words guys.
I hope that’s a good Wow Ernie

Yes! thumbup

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what happened on that last post. I answered everyone but it didn’t go through.
Ernie, hope that was a good WoW

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
My posts are getting cut off. I’ll try on the computer later.

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Nice camo pattern. I really like it. What colors did you use? I'm only seeing black, silver and white it looks to me. Maybe because of the flash.
I like it.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3084 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I like that look!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,
Lets try this again!
Roger, It is a bolt from Pacific tool & gauge. I own several of them.
Aaron, No it is all cerakote. Four colors and two stencils
Sonny, I expected that from you! flag
Brad, I pretty much feel the same way. I used to swap scopes quite a bit. But I decided this scope, barrel/action and stock were going to remain as one. And I'm not much for standard camo. Although I sure do a lot of them for clients.
Dan, It includes media blasting. Four coats of cerakote. Two different kinds of stencils and four baking cycles.
Mike, I used Satin Mag (Silver), Stainless, Tungsten and Graphite black.
I finally got out to shoot it today. I will post results shortly.
Thank you all for the kind words.
Derek >>>--------->

posted Hide Post
Nice job Derek...it looks awesome!

Posts: 777 | Location: Idaho | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Excited for the range report.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
We made it out shooting yesterday and the Dakota had mixed results.
I only loaded two different shells. Same load and bullet. Changed the coal.
Groups were shot at 100 yards using a bipod and rear bad.
I only loaded six rounds per length and shot 3 shot groups
I used CCI magnum primers and Retumbo under a 168gr. Berger VLDH
The longest of the two wasn't horrible. Right at 1.100" The second was .007 shorter and produced the group seen here. I do admit. This is the biggest pistol I have and I'm still not quite comfortable getting close to the scope yet. So I believe this is a really good round and will tighten up as I get over the yips!!
Any suggestion from those who have this caliber are always welcome.
Derek >>>--------->

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Nice! thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arrowflinger:
We made it out shooting yesterday and the Dakota had mixed results.
I only loaded two different shells. Same load and bullet. Changed the coal.
Groups were shot at 100 yards using a bipod and rear bad.
I only loaded six rounds per length and shot 3 shot groups
I used CCI magnum primers and Retumbo under a 168gr. Berger VLDH
The longest of the two wasn't horrible. Right at 1.100" The second was .007 shorter and produced the group seen here. I do admit. This is the biggest pistol I have and I'm still not quite comfortable getting close to the scope yet. So I believe this is a really good round and will tighten up as I get over the yips!!
Any suggestion from those who have this caliber are always welcome.
Derek >>>--------->

A better brake will make a world of difference in recoil. Something with angled ports.

Posts: 4029 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Light contour barrel with 180’s
If I had went with the larger diameter brake,
Recoil would have been less.
Holland’s Radial Baffle
https://youtu.be/vfs9vzhpmJg

Another 7 Dak
https://youtu.be/pDPx5sh8kPg

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Go kill stuff with it.

Aaron

Posts: 2758 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That looks great!

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Matt,
Don't you have one of my certificate's? Lets do something with one of yours!
Here is a cool project I just did for a customer. He wanted the Roni and the Glock 19 to look like flags by themselves and look as one flag when put together.
Turned out pretty cool. All ceraKote. Four colors.
Derek

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Very cool! thumbup flag

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member