Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom shop siblings Login/Join 

posted
Well It didn't take me long to think it over...and Ernie may have nudged me a tad. 7mm-08 big brother to my 250 savage. Twin center grip heavy bbled beauties. This one has much nicer wood!

I'm going to try a rifle scope on this one and it needs a front stud for a bipod...maybe. I'll keep you posted! I also need to find a new photo host since hunt 101 died...suggestions?

Gary

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoWyo!:
Well It didn't take me long to think it over...and Ernie may have nudged me a tad. 7mm-08 big brother to my 250 savage. Twin center grip heavy bbled beauties. This one has much nicer wood!

I'm going to try a rifle scope on this one and it needs a front stud for a bipod...maybe. I'll keep you posted! I also need to find a new photo host since hunt 101 died...suggestions?

Gary

Imgur is what I am using.
Happy for you!
Glad you picked it up, as it saved me from buying it Big Grin

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Beautiful!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pair. Congrats!!
Derek.

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Nice rigs.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Those Custom Shop XP's are getting few and far between. Right after I got started into this spiraling pattern of Specialty Pistols I found a Custom Shop Xp in 7-08, heavy barrel with break. After one look at it I had the money on the way and now, after 19 years of shooting it I still take it out to the range and hunting most every year. The first time I hunted with it in Casper, Wyoming on a special antelope hunt at the Hat Six ranch with Ernie and many of the SP guys from this site, I took a nice antelope with it. I have taken several whitetail with it also in Oklahoma and a pig in Texas. It is a keeper and shoots like a dream. Will never change the wood stock out. It is eye candy.
Glad you found two of them. Can't get any better than that and you have two of the great calibers covered for most anything you would need for hunting or targets.
Enjoy.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Great Xp's and the 250 savage CS version has been my bucket list XP for over 25 years. Have 3 CS XP's, 6BR, 7BR and 223, will never part with them. They don't show up very often anymore.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Those are a couple beauties. I've never even seen a custom shop xp around here.

Jon

Posts: 1627 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice find , hope you get many years of enjoyment out of them.

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Really nice! Is there anything else besides the stock that is different from other XP’s in your CS versions?

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1840 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
The CS versions have 15.5" barrels on the heavy barrels not sure on the sporter versions. Each gun is built one at time to tighter tolerances as well. My 7mmBR CS XP won't chamber 7mmBR ammo that fits my standard production 7BR unless fully sized and a fired case from the standard XP won't fit in the CS. All 3 are more accurate than my standard production XP's as well, usually groups in the half inch range are typical.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Those are definitely my favorite stocks, appearance wise.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1840 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
They also offered calibers not available in the standard center grip line up, 22BR, 6BR, 708, 308, 22-250 and 250 Savage.