Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 CP Login/Join 

posted
Does anyone have any experience with Remington 700 CP?
Would this pistol qualify as a "Specialty Pistol"?
Are there any smaller (maybe 3 round) magazines?

It does seem like an interesting gun.

Thanks,
Mladen

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think it's a SP. Not my cup of tea but to each their own. Can't help you with mags but if it's something you want then get it!

Aaron

Posts: 2747 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
I think it's a SP. Not my cup of tea but to each their own. Can't help you with mags but if it's something you want then get it!

Aaron

Thanks.

I found that they have 5 round mags.

This one is just interesting as a bolt action handgun with a fairly easy follow-up shot if needed. I was just wondering is it precise enough for 300-400 yards shots.

Posts: 261 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've been watching them on gunbroker etc. Keep hoping to find a 300 blackout version but no luck yet.

Posts: 355 | Location: Lone Jack MO | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike72:
I've been watching them on gunbroker etc. Keep hoping to find a 300 blackout version but no luck yet.

As far as I can see on gun.deals (when search by code 885293968141) 300 aac blackout is out of stock on all websites.

I did found that there is a 6.5 creedmore version as well which isn't listed on Remington website. Wholesale hunter has some.

I personally think about 308 version.

posted Hide Post
With some practice you can shoot a follow up shot pretty darn quick with a single shot. If it makes you happy then buy one!

Aaron

Posts: 2747 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
IF i'm not mistaken these take the AICS mags, so a 3d printed AICS single shot sled could be made flush with the bottom of the mag well for looks...or the Magpul 5rd mags I think would be the smallest offered. I too have been thinking about one of these...

Chris

Posts: 683 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawcarver
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up off a guy who tried with a pistol brace. The price was right and I looked at it as a rig the kids could hammer on for a while then rebarrel it for MOA/Wy-shot when they go.

It does take AICS mags, the barrel is also threaded so I was able to throw a brake I had laying around on it. So far it looks like a nicer rig then I thought it would be, the chassis is pretty nice, the only downside to the chassis is the m-loc starts a little ways forward of the mag well so I'll prob end up using a pig saddle on it rather than just an arca rail on the forend but thats not a huge deal.

We will see if the kids can kill some woodchucks with it during their three weeks off of school

Posts: 961 | Location: Howell MI | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sawcarver:
I just picked one up off a guy who tried with a pistol brace. The price was right and I looked at it as a rig the kids could hammer on for a while then rebarrel it for MOA/Wy-shot when they go.

It does take AICS mags, the barrel is also threaded so I was able to throw a brake I had laying around on it. So far it looks like a nicer rig then I thought it would be, the chassis is pretty nice, the only downside to the chassis is the m-loc starts a little ways forward of the mag well so I'll prob end up using a pig saddle on it rather than just an arca rail on the forend but thats not a huge deal.

We will see if the kids can kill some woodchucks with it during their three weeks off of school

I saw on gun broker that people are making and selling laminate stock for it. I'll try to find the link and share it here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sawcarver:

What caliber did you get? Would love to hear your experience with it once you have some rounds downrange

Chris

Posts: 683 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawcarver
posted Hide Post
It's a 308, so easy rebarrel. I'm going to try to get some rounds down range tomorrow.

Posts: 961 | Location: Howell MI | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have really been thinking hard about picking one of these up since they came out with the 6.5 Creedmoor versions. Although if something like this was offered in the 6.5 Grendel there would be zero thought involved on my part...I love that little round.

Chris

posted Hide Post
While not a CP I have what is called a Rem 700 PCR short rifle has a 12.5" barrel chambered in 308 Win this is basically the CP handgun with a Magpul MOE buttstock it is a legal configuration in Canada it was only introduced to use 2 weeks ago.

CP handguns are legal here but are classed as restricted meaning we can only take it to the gun club to shoot it.

I bought one of these short rifles from the first and last shipment into Canada the rest are now sitting on pallets ready to ship up here but due to the Rem receivership they are not moving until it is cleared up.

I mounted a Leupold Compact Ultralight 3-9x33mm long range reticle scope have it zeroed 1 3/4" high at 100 yards with 150gr Rem Core-Lok and Winchester Power Point factory ammo first LR dot down is hitting dead on at 200 yards and the second is dead on at 300 yards.

I have not had a chance to check velocity yet I have a Labradar.

Posts: 21 | Location: BC Canada | Registered: January 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very NiCE!!!!

Posts: 216 | Location: Gun Hater land..or The new KALIFORNIA(IL.) | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post