Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xp bolt Login/Join 

posted
While sitting in treestand you have alot of time to think, I have decided instead of a blackout to go creedmoor. That being said, my xp bolt is a 7br, so what are my options. New bolt or can there be something done to 7br bolt. Thank for any help.

Thanks j

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi. If you want to go 6.5, I'd suggest going to 260Rem. Screw on and headspace a new barrel- no boltface change needed. I have a XP100R that I've used for all types of shooting. Load it down, load it up. Mine shoots like a house on fire.

Posts: 112 | Location: Salem, OR, | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't need to change anything. It'll work as is.
Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
7BR and Tree Stand go good together. My 7BR topples 55lb steel targets at 600 yards with a 168gr bullet. Not saying don't build a specialty pistol, we all have a share, not fair yet, but a share. When you choose, make it something over and above the capabilities of a 7BR..

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks, all i need now is a barrel, and someone to put it on.

Thanks again.

Posts: 525 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post