Specialty Pistols
Striker Questions

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/5750069007

October 15, 2021, 10:25 AM
K9TXS
Striker Questions
I was looking at a center grip Savage Striker the other day and the trigger felt like it was around 8lbs.

1. I know there are trigger fixes for rear grip strikers or rifles, but what is the fix for a center grip striker?

2. Why does the Remington XP seem to get more attention than the striker.
October 15, 2021, 04:17 PM
paperpuncher
Maybe this will help a little. I did change out the wire spring to a .04 but didn't do any stoning.

https://www.varminthunters.com...vage-trigger.163585/
October 15, 2021, 06:05 PM
blades
remington based on the 600 action ( early ) or the 700 series /40x later. no magazine late xp's are rear grip and there fore any 700 replacement trigger just about drops in. The earlier models center grip rely on a long bar to get to the sear- that does give some problems at times. Do not now if Dell taylor is still around his trigger for the centergrips was/is fantastic. that dang savage tension spring rides on the mag well iirc.It is a finicky system.
October 16, 2021, 01:02 AM
Gary T
Except for not stoning, I did the things in paperpuncher's link to one early model Striker and 3 Steven's bolt action rifles. As I recall, it dropped the trigger pulss to <3#.

I've hunted extensively w/ one striker and numerous XP's. I prefer the XP's. The XP stock has generally "smoother" lines. Overall, the Striker seems rather "clunky. Compared to the XP, the right hand port/left hand bolt of the Striker is rather clumsy for me. Having said all that, although I've not hunted w/ my Striker for 4-5 years, I intend give it some action during the upcoming deer season. thumbup

Good luck and good hunting.
October 16, 2021, 11:32 AM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by K9TXS:
Why does the Remington XP seem to get more attention than the striker.

Much better trigger options.
Better stock design.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 24, 2021, 10:00 PM
CTShooter
I guess I lucked out with my Striker, the trigger is great and with 150 gr Hornaday .308 it’s sub moa at 200 yards. Hope to get to hunt with it
October 25, 2021, 02:13 PM
Hairtrigger
I have both Rem and Savage handguns, one of my Savages I took to Gordy Gritters for a trigger job and bedding. He charged me more than I purchased the gun for, guess I will never sell that one!

------------------------------
I am one gun away from being happy
February 27, 2022, 10:17 AM
savage308
Rifle basics makes an adjustable replacement sear to use with center grip strikers. Connects to the link bar like original. I may have one I could sell if interested. The play in the linkage can be tightened up using oversized pins as well.
February 27, 2022, 11:30 AM
savage308
After checking I see rifle basix no longer makes that part. I converted mine to rear grip, so anyone looking for that part, I have one. sgszynalik@sbcglobal.net
March 03, 2022, 08:20 PM
Barnabus
i had a striker before going to xps.The striker is a pig.its heavy ,has a flexible stock and the trigger is ill designed. will it go bang yes,can it kill an animal yes but so will a truck.There are so many other options that are much better than a striker. buy a xp or a custom action and save yourself the disappointment. thats my opinion from owning two and getting rid of two.