Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear Bag for McMillan XP Rear Grip Login/Join 

Picture of springer222
posted
Looking for suggestions on a rear bag and/or mods to the McMillan rear grip stock so it will ride the bag while benchrest shooting? I shot a five shot group yesterday w/4 touching & 1 "flyer" & I attribute it to my hold. I currently have a Protektor filled with sand but just can't get a comfortable hold. I also have an Edgewood but it's a little tall for use with my front rest. I was looking on the Edgewood site for something shorter, but looks like nearly everythimg is on b/o? So thought I would poll the group for ideas / suggestions? I'm wanting to dial it in to shoot 600 yd BR & must get something so I can get comfortable & consistent. Thx in advance - Cris

Posts: 788 | Location: Montague Co TX | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
What spacing at the base of the ears do you want?

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of springer222
posted Hide Post
I will double check when I get home, but I'm thinking 3/8" will work? The main thing is flat top and fairly short ears so I have easy access to the grip. Slick material would be an added bonus,

Posts: 788 | Location: Montague Co TX | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the short ears on a protector bag would clear enough. but I'd want more space between, anyway let us know what you come up with. There may be a few others with the same needs.

And I'll bet lots of other opinions out there as to what would work best.

Happy Shooting!
Mike B

ps thanks again Ernie!

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My 2 cents
I have ditched rear bag and gone to flat plate
I felt the rear bag was causing the flyers

DAN

Posts: 744 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post