Specialty Pistols
Rear Bag for McMillan XP Rear Grip

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/5750060196

April 29, 2018, 08:17 PM
springer222
Rear Bag for McMillan XP Rear Grip
Looking for suggestions on a rear bag and/or mods to the McMillan rear grip stock so it will ride the bag while benchrest shooting? I shot a five shot group yesterday w/4 touching & 1 "flyer" & I attribute it to my hold. I currently have a Protektor filled with sand but just can't get a comfortable hold. I also have an Edgewood but it's a little tall for use with my front rest. I was looking on the Edgewood site for something shorter, but looks like nearly everythimg is on b/o? So thought I would poll the group for ideas / suggestions? I'm wanting to dial it in to shoot 600 yd BR & must get something so I can get comfortable & consistent. Thx in advance - Cris
April 29, 2018, 11:05 PM
Ernie
What spacing at the base of the ears do you want?

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
April 30, 2018, 06:25 AM
springer222
I will double check when I get home, but I'm thinking 3/8" will work? The main thing is flat top and fairly short ears so I have easy access to the grip. Slick material would be an added bonus,
May 10, 2018, 05:09 PM
HandCanonShootr
I was thinking the short ears on a protector bag would clear enough. but I'd want more space between, anyway let us know what you come up with. There may be a few others with the same needs.

And I'll bet lots of other opinions out there as to what would work best.

Happy Shooting!
Mike B

ps thanks again Ernie!

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis
May 10, 2018, 07:11 PM
DAN L
My 2 cents
I have ditched rear bag and gone to flat plate
I felt the rear bag was causing the flyers