Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

224 valkyrie Login/Join 

posted
I have been reading a little about the cartridge, it sounds like it could be a interest cartridge. Any knowledge on this would be great. I was going to have a 6.5 grendel made, but 224 valkyrie sounds better.

Thanks. J

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4570 hunter,

Posts: 524 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Could do a switch Barrel. SOLD

It’s pretty new. Showing promise in gas guns

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
It's basically a 6.8spc necked to .224".

With Sierra's heavy weight MatchKing's, it stays super out to around 1300 yards. Lot of potential...

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19867 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
PTG has a reamer, Which bolt face you be used.

J.

Posts: 524 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
If it's based on the 6.8spc (30 rem) its between the 223 and 308. You would have to open a 223 or bush a 308 and use a sako or m16 extractor. PTG may make a specific bolt for it as well.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What twist rate would you think. It's 1-7 on the ar barrels I've been finding.

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any info on the factory twist rates but if you want to shoot the heavies, I don't think you'd go wrong with a 7 twist.

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19867 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
There are some real heavies that are available that call for a 6.5 twist, I have a 22 Creedmoor with a 7 twist that I just ordered some new 95 grain Sierra's plus some of their 90 grainers to see how they will fly. The new 95 grain bullet has a list G1 B.C. of .600!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
1/7

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post