Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lookie what I just traded for! Login/Join 

Picture of TXBRASS
posted
Friend of mine calls and said he got a bolt action pistol in a trade. Said he'd never use it and wanted to know if I had anything to trade rifle wise. I said that all I had was a Handi Rifle and a couple boxes of ammo. He took the trade!
SCORE!!!

Currently a 7mm-08 but that won't last long. It's not gonna be a 308, but the only hint I'll give is that the bore diameter will be .458...

ON CLOUD NINE!!!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice trade... It would seem you got into that xp fairly reasonable.

Cody

Posts: 629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think you made out like a bandit! Smile (I did once on a 221FB XP-100 - now my 7 SAUM).

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow great deal!!! Congrats Cody!!!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Heck of a trade Cody. You made out like a bandit. Are you sure you want to pull the barrel without a least test firing?

Posts: 1611 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Yeah....I like SP MONSTERS.... These mortal SP's just aint my thing.... Cool

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
after marker barrel or rechambered 7BR?

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
It's been rechambered.

CW

www.codyweiser.com

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Handi Rifle and a couple boxes of ammo

Deal of the century there. Good score!

A 458x2 in the making?

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Beautiful color!

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Cody,
Nice score. You definately came out on the better end of that deal. thumbup My first XP was a rechambered 7-08. Guy rechambered the 7BR to 7-08 with the intent of using it for hunting and then got into bow hunting. I picked that one up back in about 1985 for $300.00. It included the remaining 17 rounds in the box of factory ammo after proof firing the chamber with three shots. Yes I still have that gun. Big Grin

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big10:
A 458x2 in the making?

That was my first guess too.

Great score on the XP!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm pretty darn sure its not a 458x2". I think its going to be a 45-70.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:

Aaron

You are probably right there Aaron-Now that you said that, I remember earlier posts.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks just like my 7br. I've been thinking about what I want to do with it.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:

Aaron

Big Grin munch

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
I would like to see what is left of the bolt face and the type of extractor if going to 45-70. That is a pretty good size rim on the brass.....473" vs .608".

458 SOCOM? It has .473" rim...... Slap_Forehead

Steve Smile
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A Lapua has a rim thats not much smaller than the 45-70. Probably .020" or so.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Phenomenal trade!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Come to think about it, I have a Handi-Rifle CONVERTIBLE!! 22LR and 410 barrels. I am thinking you will regret that trade and want a Handi-Rifle and a couple boxes of ammo...Let me know. I will get it packed to ship.... punch

Roll Eyes

happy

Steve Smile
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
McGowan barrel and McMillan center grip solid fill stock on order as well as bolt headed to Accu-Arc for new bolt handle.

It begins......

CW

www.codyweiser.com

posted Hide Post
Cody,
Great trade for you! thumbup Does he still count you as a friend?? Cool I've got an XP in 7-08 and it's one of my favorites.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post