Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOA Login/Join 

posted
When is the new owner going to start making these again? Their webpage has been the same for the last year. Would like to get one.

Thanks
Jon

Posts: 71 | Location: OK | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Jon, he should be up and running by now. I talked with him one night in the spring for an hour about making a new barrel for my MOA for a switch barrel gun. I'm wanting a 243 for it to go with my .376 Steyr cannon.

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of straight8
posted Hide Post
I talked to him (I forget his name)back in the spring also, about some extractors and springs, he had no idea what he had, only had about a third of the stuff moved, didn't know when he could get them. Haven't had a response yet. I gathered from the way he talked he had bought in from the guy who had bought it from Rich.
I been wondering what was happening also.
Rog

------------------------------
XP's: 250AI, 300BO, 350RM, 308 Imp, 375/350, 416 Whammy, 458X2"
Contender: 22LR, 375 JDJ, 500 HWP
Encore: 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 7mmRM, 308, 375 JDJ, 375 H&H, 340 WBY, 416 Taylor, 450 Alaskan, 475 & 500 Linebaugh
Semi: 45acp, 460 Rowland

Posts: 1144 | Location: "Y" City, Arkansas | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
He is still not producing MOA's...Check the website

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Best bet if you want one now is buy used and have it rebarreled.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Whats a used one worth?

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
I got one with about 50 rounds through it with the dies, brass and extra forend for $850. It has been worth every penny. Not many wanted a .376 Steyr with Stainless 15" barrel and break. Must have been scared. punch
Mike

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Whats a used one worth?

Aaron

Googlefu!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I noticed what it said on the website before I posted. I think this might be a lost cause for some time. Maybe in a year or two. I was hoping he would be ready by this fall but I guess not. I am going to call him today to ask. I have sent 2 emails and never got a response. Thanks for the info.
Jon

Posts: 71 | Location: OK | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I got a hold of him today. He said he was waiting on tooling and parts and it would be at least first of the year he thought before he would start making the pistol. He was not for sure though he just wanted to make sure that he had everything together so when someone ordered a pistol it was not a long wait time like previously.

Thanks
Jon

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
At least two months and possibly longer.
Appreciate you finding out for everyone.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Mike, did you get your MOA from doug?
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Yes I did. Glad he talked me into it. devil
I enjoy shooting it and it is a hammer. I just loaded 40 more rounds
for it with some new Hornady brass I found.
I hunt with it using the small forend and when I'm at the range I put the
large flat forend on it. Seems to shoot same point of aim.
So far, the Bushnell Elite pistol scope with Rainguard has held up.
Mike

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
First I wish Gary well on his endeavors to produce the MOA. To all prospective buyers: BE PATIENT. Having worked for MOA in the past I know the huge amount of time and effort is expended to build one of these pistols. Of all the parts, four screws can be bought off the shelf, everything else has to be made from scratch or altered. Be patient.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Mike that was a great deal. That is one heck of a hammer. Good purchase thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post