Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooting rest Login/Join 

posted
Looking for a shooting rest to sight in and target practice with my hunting pistols. Looked at Sinclair and similar type rests, any suggestions ?

I have a few XP-100s, revolvers and TC encores , with one RPM XL .

Thanks Randy

Bayou Boy

Posts: 29 | Location: LOUISIANA | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
I have one extra that I`m just finishing up that is not spoken for if yer interested..email me at xpfuzz@consolidated.net or text 217-827-0588

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ttred1956
posted Hide Post
What Cayle said ++++++++ Love MY XP Fuzz rest SOLID AS A ROCK super nice guy to deal with.
Thanks
again
Doug

------------------------------
Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better

Posts: 1822 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I sell competition front rests and rear bags, but mine all have waiting lists and are pricey.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
I sight in and practice what I shoot off of in the field so there is no change in bullet placement. A backpack with a few firm pillows has worked for 40 years. The last 3 years a Bog Pod tripod with PSR rest works extremely well on sitting or standing shots, plus practice.
I carry both on serious hunts. The Bog Pod is used quite well as a walking staff.

Posts: 1860 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys , I have a PSR and a assortment of bags I use to shoot. Looking for a good range rest.

Please send any suggestions , will look a fuzz rest.

Bayou Boy

Posts: 29 | Location: LOUISIANA | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
I use the Caldwell Rock BR Rest. Not real expensive and works great. Just my two cents. Good luck.
Derek >>>-------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Fontenot:
Thanks guys , I have a PSR and a assortment of bags I use to shoot. Looking for a good range rest.

Please send any suggestions , will look a fuzz rest.

What is your budget?

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another vote for Cayle. He built a rest for me several years ago and it is an excellent piece of kit. Solid and built like a tank. It's a great choice for shooting XP's or Contenders off a bench rest.

David Chalfant

Posts: 23 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ernie no budget yet. Just looking for a good rest I feel comfortable with and worth the price.
Not sure whats availble on the market and pricing.

Bayou Boy

posted Hide Post
Will go with the XP Fuzz rest, thanks Guys

Randy

Bayou Boy