Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan Center-Grip Stock Group Buy #2 Login/Join 

Picture of Ernie
posted
Cost is $325, plus shipping.
Colors: 2 colors molded in marble (Three for some combinations)

Solid fill, and inletted for the single-shot XP-100 with dog-leg bolt handle.
IF, you are using a straight bolt handle from like Kiff, you or your smith will possibly need to make slight modifications.

All forends will be opened up for the Varmint taper.

IF, you have a smaller taper, your barrel will have more room to breath or just DON'T get a stock from me.

IF, you need a stock for larger than a Varmint taper, then either open it up to what you need, or do NOT get a stock from me.

All forends will be threaded for a sling swivel stud (BONUS!)

IF, you KNOW you want to get on the waiting list for one or more of these center-grip stocks, email me at ernieemily@yahoo.com and tell me how many you want.
I am not going to require a deposit, as I don't want to hold your money for 5-6 months.

DO NOT email me until you know for sure you want a stock(s).
DO NOT PM HERE OR ON FACEBOOK (Email only please)

Saying you want one here, will NOT get you on the waiting list.

First and last name, email address, address for both Fed-Ex and USPS, phone #'s, and the colors you want.

This wait list will close out right before WY-SHOT, so we can get our stocks in line: 5-6 months wait time approximately.

IF, I have not emailed you back, it means either I have been busy and haven't responded yet or it didn't get to me.
Until you have an email confirmation from me, you are not on the wait list yet.
Once you have confirmation, please be content and wait until I contact you.

All stock will be shipped to me, then I will ship to you once funds are received.

As of 5-16-17 I have 6 stocks on the waiting list (Not counting the ones I will get for myself and some spares).

If as many people order stocks, as was suggested, I would not be surprised to see 20-30 total.

I asked if I got higher numbers, if the cost would change or if finish time would be sooner, and the answer was, "No."
What we might consider a larger order is really not that large in the bigger picture of things compared to rifle stocks.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Updated information:
We can make the XP100 stocks in our carbon finishes; but there would be an additional $55.00 charge for the graphite (edge tech) outer shell.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I have 7 stocks on the wait list.
Once I get to 10, I will make an order, so those 10 stocks can get in line as soon as possible.
Then, when I get another 10 stocks, I will put that order in as well.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
The first 10 have been ordered.
You guys are fast!

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
Question... can you get molded in camo? I have a Mcmillan "forest camo" (light green, medium green, and brown) stock and was thinking one like it with light gray, medium grey,and brown would be about perfect for the hardwoods where I hunt.
I would simply be changing two colors. If a hassle no bother.
Thanks

Posts: 2349 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dekker:
Question... can you get molded in camo? I have a Mcmillan "forest camo" (light green, medium green, and brown) stock and was thinking one like it with light gray, medium grey,and brown would be about perfect for the hardwoods where I hunt.
I would simply be changing two colors. If a hassle no bother.
Thanks

Yes

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Ernie,

Email sent to hold 2 spots on the waiting list.

Thanks,
Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ernie , Do you know what 3 color combinations are available . Thanks Pat

Posts: 83 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Just put any three colors that you want and then put in the footnote if they can't do three do these, do two colors ( List them ) at whatever certain percent you want

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
The second set of 10 stocks have been ordered. Both orders were actually one day apart.
I currently need 5 more stock orders to finish up the third set of 10.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
At #32 currently.
I may shut it down after I reach 40 or just over that (I may do more than 10 in the last order).
Just a heads up.
E

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I put my fourth order of stocks in yesterday.
42 XP-100 stocks in all-WOW!

I will keep the list going, but it will likely take awhile before I reach 10 or more stocks. Right now everyone who has contacted me for a stock is in line.

So realize, if you get on the waiting list now, it will be more than a 5-6 month wait time, but still shorter than if you ordered one yourself directly.
Of course, if 5 more people get on the wait list, and no one else does, the order won't be turned in until I get 10 or more.

I will probably make a new post about this once a year and see if the interest at that time is enough to do 10 or more.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Count me in. Email sent

Looking at the time frame it will be like a Christmas gift to myself.
Thank You Ernie for being willing to do this.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Man I'm really tempted to jump in on this. Hmmm orange and olive green might be interesting.

Posts: 126 | Location: missouri | Registered: June 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
McMillan is letting me keep the 4th order as an active, ongoing list, right up until they start production.

This will allow anyone to get in line for a stock still and not have to wait for a longer period of time.

We are on stock #45 now, if you are interested in such things.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Ernie, thinking a 6MMBR Lilja Barrel, do you have a rough spec on varmint taper,thanks

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Some of the barrel companies probably have a Remington varmint taper specs on their website, but I need to check.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txhornet55:
Ernie, thinking a 6MMBR Lilja Barrel, do you have a rough spec on varmint taper,thanks

This should about right...Rem Varmint/Sendero
http://bartleinbarrels.com/contours/

Look at Rem Varmint on the BRUX page.
http://bruxbarrels.com/gpage1.html

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
#46 on the list

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
#48 happy
Once I reach 50, I will turn these 20 into two groups of 10 to facilitate things quicker.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Wow almost 50 stocks in two weeks! I bet McMillian is even a bit surprised.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think we're all very surprised

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
51 Cool

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Congrats to the forum for hopefully keeping mcmillan from scrapping the mold!!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just imagine how many rear grips we would order,if they "found"the mold....or they
made a new one Big Grin
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 633 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
The first five of 60 center-grip stocks should arrive this week.
Several of you will be getting emails sometime this week or next.
happy

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
I need a Xp 100 stock !!!! My custom xp in 6.5 creedmoor with wood stock is starting to split end by safety. Do you think McMillian would have one left or someone has an extra one ?

Thanks Randy

Bayou Boy

Posts: 29 | Location: LOUISIANA | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
you can email Ernie and ask. hunting season has him busy but I think he can add to the existing order yet
ernieemily@yahoo.com

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I have some extras on hand, especially for a situation like this (and get it quickly) or you can order one.
You have options happy

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22