Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP Centergrip chassis update (homemade) Login/Join 

Picture of Gator T/C
posted
I have converted several Remington undesignated short action and long action to a center grip platform.

Brad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gator T/C,

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you have a spare

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Impressed.
I am interested!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! I might just want to go your route instead of the walnut stock I bought for my build!

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19883 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats that's impressive!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good looking work, also interested in learning more.very nice.

Posts: 124 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
It looks very nice. thumbup

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9430 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!! You have my full attention! Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
You have some talent there.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very interested and would like to know more about how you are skinning the minimal chassis.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
Very cool ! I’m also interested and look forward to following your progress!
My son just purchased his own 3D printer, amazing machines

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 416 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I see you're using Fusion 360. It's a bummer they no longer have the free subscription, figured it was only a matter of time before they started charging for it.

Posts: 916 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice Brad. Watching your progress very closely. I've got a short action in the box.

JOn,

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's very nice. I'd love buy one of these for a custom build.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Good job. thumbup thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 805 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator T/C:
Maybe soon! My initial goal is to get enough so I can get five or ten first run units out to get some objective feedback. Still early in process at this point. Just prototype at moment for “proof of concept”. I will post more as I make progress.

Brad

Would love to use one of those 5 or 10, when that time comes.
E

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator T/C:
Maybe soon! My initial goal is to get enough so I can get five or ten first run units out to get some objective feedback. Still early in process at this point. Just prototype at moment for “proof of concept”. I will post more as I make progress.

Brad
Keep me in mind as a potential candidate for one of those. I really like the prospect of going chassis as opposed to stock now...

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19883 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Are these being made only for a 700 SA or are making these for the SS XP-100?

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Any plans for a Remington 700 long action in rear grip configuration? I have an ADL 270 win. that has a messed up barrel for about the last inch or so that I need to do something with.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you start with a new stripped receiver you don't have to worry about the 26" rule. Buds was selling the solid bottom single shots for $373 delivered to your dealer for most of the summer, all receiver prices are delivered to your FFL. Might as well add $200 for a Jewell trigger as the X Marks are really junk.

Jon

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...ECEIVER+S%2FA+SINGLE

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...EM+700+RECEIVER+ONLY

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post