Specialty Pistols
1st muzzle brake on XP100

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/5390006486

October 08, 2016, 11:59 AM
BruceP
1st muzzle brake on XP100
Got my very first muzzle brake. Can't wait to try it out.
Bruce


October 08, 2016, 12:07 PM
Leupold Man
Looks nice what is the caliber?


---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
October 08, 2016, 09:20 PM
BruceP
quote:
Originally posted by Leupold Man:
Looks nice what is the caliber?


260 Remington. The plan is to put a rifle scope on it.

Bruce
October 08, 2016, 09:33 PM
rickiesrevenge
Thats a slippery slope.

Aaron
October 08, 2016, 10:47 PM
BruceP
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Thats a slippery slope.

Aaron


Aaron are you trying to nicely tell me I need to start trying to pick up some overtime? Big Grin
I do have a center grip xp I'm thinking about doing something to. Thoughts on it run from a "little" work all the way to full build.
You guys are a bad influence

Bruce
October 09, 2016, 12:02 PM
Leupold Man
That should work fine.


---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
October 11, 2016, 01:41 PM
BruceP
I got to try it out yesterday morning and I'll just say Big Grin

Here are before and after videos.
<



Bruce
October 11, 2016, 03:56 PM
rickiesrevenge
See what I mean?

Aaron
October 12, 2016, 07:26 AM
Ernie
Hey Aaron, he is already picking up speed down that slope... paperbag
Congrats on the brake!
What riflescope are you going to purchase now??? Big Grin


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 12, 2016, 07:32 AM
Shaggy357
Good rifle scope could cost more than the XP......can you feel the tug on your wallet? Troll


Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"
October 12, 2016, 11:05 AM
BruceP
While I would love to be able to get one of the scopes that a lot of you guys are using with the reticles that require a PHD to figure out those are not in the budget for now. Right now I have two choices. I have an older Leupold vari x III 4.5-14 that is on Ruger charger that I may pull of and send in for a target elevation turret. I also have a Bushnell AR series 3-12 that while it is a less expensive it has a multi dot reticle, good eye relief and in limited testing pretty good optics.
I bought the Bushnell to swap out with the Leupold on the charger anyway but haven't changed them yet so it will probably be the Leupold going on the xp.

Maybe when I finally get around to the full xp build I'll be able to get much better long range glass to go with it.

Like I said you guy are a bad influence.

Bruce
October 12, 2016, 11:40 AM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
While I would love to be able to get one of the scopes that a lot of you guys are using with the reticles that require a PHD to figure out those are not in the budget for now. Right now I have two choices. I have an older Leupold vari x III 4.5-14 that is on Ruger charger that I may pull of and send in for a target elevation turret. I also have a Bushnell AR series 3-12 that while it is a less expensive it has a multi dot reticle, good eye relief and in limited testing pretty good optics.
I bought the Bushnell to swap out with the Leupold on the charger anyway but haven't changed them yet so it will probably be the Leupold going on the xp.

Maybe when I finally get around to the full xp build I'll be able to get much better long range glass to go with it.

Like I said you guys are a bad influence. laugh laugh happy

Bruce


Nothing wrong with the Leupold 4.5-14.
FWIW - just think of the reticles that some of use as an internal yardstick...Simply shooting by the numbers.
It is so easy, even a preacher can do it Big Grin


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 12, 2016, 01:19 PM
BruceP
Ernie do you happen to know if leupold will still change the reticle and if they have one that would even be worth it that they would put in the older vari-x III?

Bruce
October 12, 2016, 02:01 PM
Ernie
As far as I know, yes, on the reticle.
Worth it? Your call


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 12, 2016, 02:13 PM
BruceP
I guess what I meant by worth it was something more useful for longer range than just their B&C reticle. You know something busy enough I might have to ask my preacher about it.
October 12, 2016, 03:07 PM
Hoggin
The old b and c reticle is good for big game hunting.

For targets or vermin you may want something with more wind hold points
October 12, 2016, 04:04 PM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
I guess what I meant by worth it was something more useful for longer range than just their B&C reticle. You know something busy enough I might have to ask my preacher about it.


Ask if they can do the TMOA or the 32x-1 MOA reticle.


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 12, 2016, 05:14 PM
rickiesrevenge
You may just try dialing. I've tried using a reticle for hold overs but I have never been able to get used to it. I have used the reticle for holding off for wind though.

Just my 2cents


Aaron
October 12, 2016, 05:30 PM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
You may just try dialing. I've tried using a reticle for hold overs but I have never been able to get used to it. I have used the reticle for holding off for wind though.

Just my 2cents


Aaron


If you go the Aaron does distance the wind plex may be helpful


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 13, 2016, 12:46 AM
BruceP
Thanks for the info on the reticles. I'll have to give Leupold a call in the next week or so.

Bruce
October 13, 2016, 11:44 AM
BruceP
Well I just got off the phone with Leupold. Like I said " You guy are a bad Influence. " ohboy

Bruce
October 13, 2016, 11:55 AM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
Well I just got off the phone with Leupold. Like I said " You guy are a bad Influence. " ohboy

Bruce


We need more information than that...fess up!


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
October 13, 2016, 12:38 PM
BruceP
Well I found out my scope was made in '96. They will do either one or both turrets. They will also do the 32-1MOA reticle or the wind plex but not the TMOA or TMOA plus. I did not think to ask if that was due to the age of my scope or because it is a 1" and not a 30mm. Now I just have to decide exactly what I will be having done to it and get it sent to them. I will say I'm leaning toward going all out with 2 turrets and the 32-1moa

Bruce
October 13, 2016, 01:20 PM
Ernie
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
Well I found out my scope was made in '96. They will do either one or both turrets. They will also do the 32-1MOA reticle or the wind plex but not the TMOA or TMOA plus. I did not think to ask if that was due to the age of my scope or because it is a 1" and not a 30mm. Now I just have to decide exactly what I will be having done to it and get it sent to them. I will say I'm leaning toward going all out with 2 turrets and the 32-1moa

Bruce

I like the 32x-1 MOA reticle


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22