Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Stock Replacement for XP-100 Login/Join 

posted
Hey Everyone, I bought my second ever xp-100 in 7mm IHMSA after my 221 fireball. Its a rear grip and has a stainless 16 inch barrel. It looks great and I'm excited for it. I ran into a issue , the grip has broken off of the body of the stock. The seller is working with me for a replacement. What would you suggest as a new stock, are there anymore composite stocks being made or am I having to go with a wood stock ? I would prefer a composite stock before going to the wood ones. I am very unknowledgeable about the Xp-100's. I uploaded a video on youtube below it keeps anyone figure out what would fit. Can anyone Id the original stock maker as well ? I greatly appreciate everyone's help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfqbl44yDOM

Posts: 121 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That looked more like a modified rifle stock.
As to the rear grip, I am no help as I don’t prefer them myself.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
You might find an old rear grip most likely around the IHMSA bunch, I'd recommend a rear grip stock from Jim Rockwell. He'll make the stock pretty much as you want it, while it will be wood his choices for colors is broad and his work is second to none!! I own two centergrips and a rear grip and couldn't be happier.

sp stocks and grips
on Facebook

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If it was mine, I would drill a hole up thru the pistol grip and into the body of the stock. Install a wooden dowel or steel rod and epoxy them together. Might do a little touch up where the two pieces come together. My guess is, that will hold together better than the one piece of wood. Stocks like that were know to brake at that weak point. The rod should cure that problem, not cost a bunch and in the mean time, you can be looking for a replacement stock if you so choose.

Posts: 384 | Location: Northern California | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
If it is wood, glue it and clamp it. I am a woodworker by trade and a proper glue joint will be stronger than the wood itself. I have done many tests of this.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about the wood as a project but the seller has offered to buy a new stock so im thinking about Jim on this one and out the old one away for a rainy day. I can't seem to find any production synthetic stocks. I like them in my hand alittle better. Thanks for everyones help. Maybe in a month I can put up a update with some great news.

Posts: 121 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
Send me an email, I may be able to help you out, it is in my profile.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 191 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Rod, Do you have any recommendations on glue? Thanks.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sawfish:
Rod, Do you have any recommendations on glue? Thanks.

I prefer Titebond. You get a little more "open time" than some others which allows more time for positioning before it gets tacky. I have taken glued joints and stressed them to breakage and the wood gives out before the glued joint will. Clamp the joint for at least 30 minutes and allow 24 hours before putting into use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: big10,

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The stock looks like a high density urethane foam core with fiber glass outer wrap with possible gel coat. That type of construction is difficult or impossible to repair. As others here stated, buy a Jim Rockwell stock.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post