Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako identified Login/Join 

posted
I have acquired a Sako pistol chambered in 6mm PPC USA. I'm trying to find out who made it. I found an image on Google image search of one with the same stock but with a stainless barrel. Along in the image is a ball cap with the logo of "Accu Flight Arms" so I'm assuming they mite had built it of which I sent an email and waithing for them get back to me.

Also. The trigger on the gun has has three adjustment screws which are located on the bottom of the trigger. The large set screw in the trigger housing is for weight of pull but there is two set screws in the front and back bottom of the trigger that adjust sear engagement. What I'm not getting is there dosn't seem to an adjustment for over travel which I'm very anal about not having. I've been use three way adjustable triggers for decades that measure in the 6-8 oz range in the likes of my T/C Contender's and Rem XP & 700's.

Any info regarding this gun would be appreciated.

P.S. How do post an image of this gun I have one my phone ?

Aim small, hitting small.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
You can send the pic to the email address in my profile and i'll post it for you.

Not sure who made it as Sako actions use to be purchased to build custom guns so just about any smith could of built it. It is a nice looking pistol. I have one in 7TCU built by Iron Side Gunworks but it is stamped on the barrel as such. Maybe someone will recognize the work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
another pic.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nitemann;
Thanks for posting the pics.

I know it's a custom build.

Gearing up to shoot it. Need dies, bullets, bore guide, replace scope rings, and replace trigger. I have a bunch of PPU, 6.5 Grendel brass that I'll reform into PPC.

Checked the barrels rifling twist, 1:14. Hope it'll stabilise Nosler 80 BT for whitetail deer.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is the barrel shank larger in diameter than the action? Kinda looks that way to me in the pic. Never seen anything like that if it is.

Posts: 760 | Location: Central NH | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Edk;

Barrel is same diameter as the recover. Kinda different, kinda cool.

Peter Resetz

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Link to article.

Link to article that was mentioned in the original post.

Did you try contacting them to see if they built the pistol?

posted Hide Post
Still waiting for Accuflite's reply.

I'll update whenever.

Nitemann, thanks again for posting the link to the Google pic.

Peter Resetz

posted Hide Post
Update.
Still waiting for a reply from Accu flight Arms.
Received almost 250 once fired Sako 6mm PPC USA cases with about 45 that the primer pockets were reamed but rather inconsistent in depth. Not sure yet if I'll use them. I do intended on match prepping all the cases though.

Peter Resetz

posted Hide Post
I have one of those. I spoke with a person from acuflite back about 5 years or so. I remember he said there were 17 +/- a couple that were made. Also the barrel is a 12 twist Lothar/Walther

Posts: 717 | Location: Pa | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Accuflite responded back today regarding the Sako I've acquired. Mine was built by them back in 1992. I'm waiting for an another response from them regarding in what sequence mine was built.

Peter Resetz