Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 48 independence question Login/Join 

posted
I got a nosler independence a while back in 6.5 Creedmoor for super great deal. I have a really nice xp100 in 6.5 Creedmoor that Chris Rhodes at Bayside built for me. So, I'm thinking of putting a 450 bushmaster barrel on independence. I'm in a straight wall cartridge state. The reasoning is I love the grip and the stock of independence. Also trigger isn't bad. By the time i buy a xp action, and i can't buy a chassis stock like this for xp. So, the question is all I would need is a barrel in the right Contour, and someone to build it. (Hoggins). Another question is it worth tearing apart the independence.

J.

Posts: 523 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: September 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As I understand it, you've got 2 bolt actions in 6.5 Creedmore, a custom XP and a Nosler Model 48, but you'd like a gun in 450 Bushmaster. Unless you need 2 guns in CM or have a special attraction to the Model 48, I'd suggest converting the Nosler to Bushmaster. It seems it would be cheaper to do that than buy an XP and all the individual components to make a bolt action Bushmaster.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post