Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another 250 Savage buck Login/Join 

posted
Howdy all,

I had posted this over on the XP page on Facebook. I figured some over here may not be on that page so I thought I would share the story here. My son and I drew area 74 tags and had gone out a couple times, looking for big horns sans success. As this was our last outing, we opted for average bucks that weren't fighting or chasing does. My son, Ryan, took his with one shot from his Sako .243. 170 yds with a 95 gr. Nosler B.Tip. he lung-ed him and the buck ran @ 20 yds before coming undone. We found my buck slowly pushing his harem away from us in some tall buffalo grass. He was @ 200 yds away at first. I tried getting on him with a taller bipod, but I couldn't keep a sight picture as he moved through the grass.. I moved to a short trigger tripod and was able to get on him. The shot felt perfect as I squeezed the trigger. He humped up/ lunged forward, took a couple steps and down he went without a kick. I initially thought the bullet didn't exit, but upon skinning, I found it did. There was a lot of bruising on the entrance side of his chest. The bullet hit a rib going in as the bullet went through lungs and heart vessels. It left via the right shoulder, not hitting any bone. XP buck

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GoWyo!,

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sounds like you both had a great time. I see u used an xp, what cartridge and bullet?

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19942 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

.250-3000 pushing an 85 gr. Nosler ballistic tip. I thought I was using VV N150 (that's what I said on Facebook) but I actually used 4320 loads.

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper, WY | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Can you post a link to the facebook page?

Thanx

Posts: 911 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1840 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
Congrats & thanks for sharing your story!

Chris

Posts: 702 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats sounds like a great hunt!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post